Arboricultural Consultant Wanted - Home Based
About the job
We are looking for an experienced or entry level consultant. Working within the consultant’s team, the position offers the opportunity for the right candidate with the desire, flexibility and potential to develop the skills and experience necessary to progress. You may be an experienced consultant looking to further your career or someone seeking to develop your knowledge and consultancy skills. Comprehensive training will be provided from the outset with mentoring and support from other consultants and directors.
After a period of initial training, you will be involved in building subsidence surveys, condition / risk surveys, BS5837 surveys and providing general arboricultural advice.
The position is home based with travel to client sites with occasional nights away possible. A full UK driving licence is required.
- A self-motivated, organised and versatile person with a positive outlook
- Minimum QCF Level 3-4 in arboriculture
- Excellent tree and shrub identification skills
- Experience or awareness of clay shrinkage subsidence (comprehensive training provided)
- Experience in tree condition assessment, surveys and inspections
- Lantra PTI
- Experience in BS5837 surveys (desirable but not essential, training provided)
- A minimum of five years’ experience in arboriculture
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to produce professional level reports
- Confident in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in the use of CAD software (desirable but not essential; training provided)
- Full UK driving licence and willingness to travel plus occasional nights away
- The ability to work independently within a team structure with the support of the consultancy and operations teams and directors
- The ambition to learn and develop
- £35,000 - £40,000 per annum (depending on experience) plus bonus. OTE £38k - £45k pa.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and your birthday off
- Flexible working
- Company car or Car Allowance
- Fully funded mobile
- Contribution to Broadband for home workers
- Company pension scheme
- Industry body membership fees funded
- Company funded CPD and training
- Free company social events
- Employment with a business that enjoys rewarding its staff
- The potential to advance your career
About the Company
MWA Arboriculture Ltd
MWA is an expanding Arboricultural Consultancy with offices in Newcastle upon Tyne and Banbury providing a UK wide service to a broad range of commercial, private and public sector clients. A reputation for the highest standards of reporting and client service has resulted in an increasing client base and work load and we now have an opportunity for a highly motivated consultant/entry level consultant to join our team.