Senior Arboriculturist - Leeds
Wardell Armstrong LLP
About the CompanyWardell Armstrong is a successful multi-disciplinary consultancy with 13 offices throughout the UK employing approximately 500 staff. At the heart of our business lies a group of outstanding people. Working together with clients, we deliver solutions to often challenging problems in Property & Development, Infrastructure & Utilities and Mining & Minerals.
We believe in excellence in what we do, ensuring best value for our clients. We couple excellence with a pragmatic and, where appropriate, innovative approach to our work.
About the jobWardell Armstrong is a successful multi-disciplinary consultancy with 13 offices throughout the UK employing approximately 500 staff. At the heart of our business lies a group of outstanding people. Working together with clients, we deliver solutions to often challenging problems in Mining & Minerals, Infrastructure & Energy and Property & Development.
Due to organic growth and demanding existing workloads we need a Senior Arboriculturist with the ability to perform tasks with minimum supervision. The post is to be based at our central Leeds office, but you will be working closely and supporting the existing Arb team in Stoke. As the only Arboriculturist currently in Leeds, this position offers potential to grow and develop a team in the North East.
The main duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
• BS 5837 surveys and preparing Technical Notes, Constraints & Opportunities reports, Impact Assessments and Method statements.
• Safety/ risk surveys and preparing associated reports.
• Preparing management plans.
• Providing arboricultural advice to clients.
We primarily undertake BS 5837 work, which has resulted in interesting and stimulating work: specifying and managing mature tree translocations; the supervision of tree protection measures; the installation of no-dig roads and undertaking airspade root investigation supervision. We also undertake tree safety/ risk management consultancy work, from inspections of a single tree through to large scale surveys and the production of tree risk management strategies.
A successful candidate will have:
• A qualification in arboriculture and/ or urban forestry to a minimum of level 4 on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) or Arboricultural association ‘Level 3’
• Good tree, pest and disease identification skills and have a good understanding of tree biology and biomechanics and how these relate to the risk of failure and BS 5837 categorisation.
• A good understanding of how trees fit into the planning system.
• Demonstrable technical experience of surveying trees, including the use of surveying equipment and software.
• Ideally have professional membership of the Arboricultural Association or be a member of the Institute of Chartered Foresters.
• Ideally be trained and licensed in QTRA and hold the LANTRA Professional Tree Inspection certificate.
• Ideally be trained in the use of CAD to produce tree plans, but not an essential requirement.
• Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
• Full UK Driving license and access to a car.
• Membership of the Firm's Group Personal Pension Plan, with Employer's contribution of up to 5%.
• Payment of a relevant professional subscription.
• 24 days annual leave per year.
• Membership to the Firm's Private Health Care Scheme.
• Inclusion in the Firm's Critical Illness Cover Policy.
• Inclusion in the Firm's Life Assurance Policy, insuring you 3 times your annual salary.
• Mobile Phone with inclusive tariff including personal usage.
• Flexi-Time Working Schedule.
• Long service awards.
• Cycle to Work Scheme.
• Travel Loans.
• Recruitment Bounty Scheme.
Apply for this job
Apply to the employer directly, click the button below.
Want jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system via jobseeker account.See more Technical Arb jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.