Technical Manager Wanted - Flintshire
About the job
We are looking for an experienced manager to join our Arboriculture team working on a broad range of arboricultural projects.
You will have the opportunity to develop your technical and professional skills in a supportive environment, whilst contributing to the successful delivery of arboricultural services to support all stages of development from initial tree surveys to arboricultural impact assessments, tree protection plans and method statements.
The successful candidate will play a role in developing and delivering our growing portfolio of arboricultural projects. You will also work closely with other teams within MCVM to support with arboricultural expertise and knowledge on schemes and provide the arboricultural elements in collaborated projects across the company.
Role and responsibilities
- BS3998, BS5837:2012 tree surveys and production of Arboricultural Impact Assessments and Arboricultural Method Statements to support planning applications.
- Undertaking tree health and safety surveys for risk management and providing tree work specifications.
- Tree valuation assessments.
- All tree related aspects of the planning system such as; TPO/Conservation Area advice or applications.
- Some contribution to bids and tenders when required.
- Identify and arrange training requirements for staff.
- Assist Contracts Manager so that contracts are adequately staffed by managing recruiting new staff and subcontractors
- Monitor the teams tools, equipment and vehicles, dealing with any issues that may impede productivity including staffs personal equipment.
- Attending client meetings.
- Provide excellent customer service to our clients and customers.
- Identifying opportunities to grow the business and pursuing them.
- Assist with Mobilisation of new work streams and contracts.
- Assigning work packs to teams each day and planning any special requirements, vehicle check sheets and ensuring kit is booked in and out.
- Shadowing in a support capacity to develop existing team members (team leaders)
- To ensure any issues that may affect productivity are bought to the attention of the management team including damages and the reasons behind are investigated.
- manage on-call
- Assisting with invoicing
- Auditing, SSV’s (site safety visits) and full H&S audits
- Provide domestic and commercial quotes within a timely manner.
- Lantra Professional Tree Inspection qualification.
- Formal arboriculture qualifications, ideally Level 3 or above in Arboriculture.
- IT literate, MS Office programmes, GIS and Asset management/Survey software. Experience of using mobile computing devices Use of Visual Tree Assessment techniques.
- Experience of undertaking tree hazard/condition surveys using Visual Tree Assessment (VTA) and development surveys in accordance with BS3998, BS5837:2012.
- Full Driving License
About the Company
Man Coed VM Ltd
Man Coed VM Ltd is an award-winning tree & ground management company operating across England and Wales. Our head office is situated in Sandycroft, on the border of North Wales, and we have another office near Cardiff. We provide Arboriculture and Ground Maintenance services across the North-West of England and Wales to various organisations, from small landowners to local authorities and major organisations.