Arborist Climber Wanted - Hampshire
Hi-Line Contractors SW Ltd
About the CompanyEstablished in 1998 we are one of the UK’s leading tree surgery and management companies. A family owned business. Employing over 250 people, from apprentices to consultants.
Offering a full range of professional tree surgery and arboricultural services. We certainly take pride in delivering safe and cost-effective solutions in all areas of arboriculture, grounds maintenance and associated services.
With all employees trained and qualified to NPTC arboriculture standards, our skilled arborists are ready and to provide a qualified and professional range of tree services across all industry sectors.
We have held our Arboricultural Association accreditation since 2012. Being an arb approved contractor is a mark of quality, assuring customers of good quality tree care undertaken safely and efficiently.
About the jobArborist Climber – Hampshire
Competitive Salary, plus benefits
Full time (40 hours), Monday – Friday (8-hour shifts)
About this role:
We have a range of opportunities available for Arborist Climbers across Hampshire. As an Arborist Climber, you’ll join our tree cutting team and play a key role in assisting the Team Leader to carry out work safely and effectively.
If you have a keen interest in all aspects of arboriculture and you are looking to develop your skills, we would love to hear from you. Ideally, you’ll have 2 years’ experience working in the utility sector. However, if you have experience in the domestic and commercial sector, we would still encourage you to apply as all necessary utility training can be provided.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Confidently carrying out climbing and groundsman duties in addition to driving and towing duties
- Demonstrating competent climbing skills, rigging techniques and pruning skills
- Adhering to health and safety standards and best practice at all times
- Continuously developing your knowledge and skills including your understanding of tree growth characteristics and tree risk assessments
The benefits you’ll receive include:
- Being included in our monthly bonus scheme
- You’ll be provided with all of your PPE and climbing kit
- The opportunity to progress your career within the business
- Regular training and development opportunities support your career development
- The opportunity to increase your earnings through overtime
- An excellent work/life balance, including 8-hour shifts and weekends off
- Earn up to a £150 bonus when you recommend someone to join the team
- Working as part of a relaxed and friendly team who take pride in their work
- Annual leave entitlement of 28 days (including Bank Holidays), increasing to 31 days with service
- Sickness pay entitlement
Preferred SkillsWhat you’ll need to deliver this role:
- 2 years or more experience as a climber – desirable
- City & Guilds NPTC Level 2, Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross-Cutting – required
- City & Guilds NPTC Level 2, Felling and Processing Trees up to 380mm – required
- City & Guilds NPTC Level 2, Tree
Climbing and Rescue – required
- City & Guilds NPTC Level 3, Aerial Cutting of Trees with a Chainsaw Using Free-fall – desirable
- A basic arboriculture academic qualification or proof of work-based skills
- Availability for out of hours for emergency works when required
- A full UK driving licence
How to apply:
To apply for the role of Arborist Climber, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi-Line is committed to being an equal opportunities employer. You are welcome to email us if you have any questions about this role or other opportunities within our team.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply for this job
Apply to the employer directly, click the button below.
Want jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system via jobseeker account.See more Tree Surgery jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.