Climbing Arborist - Stockport, Greater Manchester
Totally Local Company
About the CompanyBased in the heart of Stockport, Totally Local Company provides a huge range of services to the public and private sectors across Greater Manchester.
Here’s a flavour of what our team of experts do…
You’ll see us everywhere from school kitchens to parks, playgrounds and even up trees! We’re the ones that fix roads and clean, light and provide signs for your streets. We empty your bins and help to keep your area secure. We clean schools and office spaces (and more), tidy grounds and dispose of waste too.
We are a safety-first organisation – it is at the heart of everything we do. We make sure that you have everything you need before you start your role – that includes sharing the great benefits you will be entitled to as a TLC employee.
Across Totally Local Company our people do a huge variety of roles, but one of the things that our teams all have in common is we want to do the very best for the community we support.
About the jobAre you looking for the next step in your career? We have two fantastic opportunities to join our established team as a Climbing Arborist.
There’s never been a better time to join the Totally Local Company Arbs family! You’ll be joining us at an exciting time – hot off the press - we’ve successfully received Arboriculture Association Accreditation – something we’re really proud of! But it’s not all about accreditation – TLC is committed to putting the safety of our teams and customers at the heart of everything we do.
We’re ambitious and are now expanding our Arb areas – hence we are now looking for two Climbing Arborists with a ‘can do, will do’ attitude to come and join us. If you have experience of all types of Arboriculture work and are comfortable liaising with stakeholders, from clients to officers and members of the public – then you will be a perfect fit. You’ll be leading a team, delivering high standards and being an ambassador for the TLC family in our community.
The Technical Bits:
• You'll undertake skilled arboriculture operations in accordance with NPTC requirements and all operational tree work to BS 3998 (2010) using current and safe working practices.
• You'll apply, manage and implement safe methods of working through the use of PPE, climbing and rigging equipment, and small plant and equipment including chainsaws, wood chippers, stump grinders, winches, CAT scans.
• You'll ensure all pre-use and routine checks are carried out and recorded for the safe and serviceable use of all plant & equipment on site, reporting and rectifying any defects before equipment is used.
• You'll allocate work on a rotational basis and take responsibility for the safety and security of all operational site staff with other climbing arborists.
• 24 days Annual Leave + 8 Bank Holidays.
• Lifestyle Benefits – we provide access to huge discounts on a variety of retailers and services, through our lifestyle benefits website.
• Cycle to Work Scheme – enabling you to get the bike of your choice (between £100 and £1000), with Tax and NI savings of up to 32%.
• NEST Pension Scheme – 6.5% employer contribution if eligible.
• Life Assurance – twice your basic salary
• Keen to progress? - we’re committed to providing you with Continuous Professional Development.
Preferred Skills• You'll have substantial experience in practical arboriculture with the ability to identify tree species, tree associated pathogens, structural defects and hazards.
• You'll have knowledge of legislation relating to arboriculture operations and the know-how to detailed tree surveys/quotations, specifications and arboriculture techniques.
• You'll be competent in using all types of mechanical equipment such as chain saws, wood- chippers, stump grinders, underground cable detection equipment.
• You'll have experience of climbing and working at heights.
• You'll have NPTC Competencies CS 30, 31, 38, 39 and Chapter 8 Road Traffic Signing.
• You'll be a qualified first aider.
• You'll hold a full, clean driving licence and willing to drive various vehicles relating to the tasks being carried out which may include HGV vehicles.
Apply for this job
Apply to the employer directly, click the button below.
Want jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system via jobseeker account.
See more Tree Surgery jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.