Arboricultural Surveyor - Worcester
Focus Environmental Consultants
About the CompanyFocus Environmental Consultants® has the expertise to provide sure-fire environmental solutions to a wide range of projects. The company ethos forges the highest standards of professional scientific practice with a best value approach for our clients. Our core area of expertise is in the production of specialist environmental reports and advice to support planning applications. Our comprehensive services include tree constraints surveys, Arboricultural Impact Assessments (AIA) and Method Statements, Health and Safety tree assessments, reports to accompany insurance/mortgage applications and production of Woodland Management Plans. The arboricultural team at Focus Environmental Consultants are all members of the Arboricultural Association and Institute of Chartered Foresters. Our flexible approach, range of skills and broad project experience from major infrastructure contracts to small private developments allows us to adapt to your individual requirements. As well as offering a full suite of arboricultural services, Focus Environmental Consultants is able to provide expert ecological advice and reports and is building an enviable reputation for innovative habitat creation and management solutions. Focus Environmental Consultants is situated in Worcestershire, providing a convenient and central UK location.
About the jobAn exciting and challenging opportunity awaits a self-motivated, organised, and flexible individual to work within an award-winning, multi-disciplinary consultancy business. You will work on a range of arboricultural projects across the UK, requiring a mixture of field and office-based skills.
The role will suit an experienced Arborist, who will be frequently involved with projects and schemes requiring Tree Constraint Surveys, Arboricultural Impact Assessment (AIA), tree health and safety inspections, CAVAT tree valuations and mortgage/insurance reports.
You will be expected to work closely alongside your colleagues to ensure tasks are undertaken on time and to a consistently high standard. The ability to organise and prioritise your own workload in a fast-paced environment is essential. The role will be based at our office on the outskirts of Worcester.
Salary & Benefits: We offer a fantastic working environment with a strong remuneration package. Salary will be dependent on experience. Additional benefits include a commitment to ongoing professional development, pension scheme (above statutory contribution), payment of professional membership fees, TOIL policy, flexible working, and minimum of 24 days annual leave (full-time, plus bank holidays).
Preferred SkillsExperience & Qualifications:
1. Established professional Arborist, with at least 2 years surveying experience.
2. Relevant Degree / Foundation Degree (to Level 5 or above).
3. Thorough understanding of BS 5837 and BS 3998. Able to complete projects from field to office.
4. Previous practical use of GIS-based software for tree mapping and assessment.
5. Proficient in tree and key fungal species identification and knowledge.
6. Membership of the Arboricultural Association (or ability to join) and a current CSCS card would be a benefit.
7. Full driving license and access to own vehicle.
Outlook & Character:
1. A desire to constantly improve personal performance and effectiveness through learning, seeking out constructive feedback, gaining insight and awareness of personal strengths and challenges.
2. Confident and sociable person with excellent verbal and written communication, even when under pressure.
3. Excellent project management skills.
4. Initiative to make best use of time and opportunities.
5. Ability to prioritise own workload to meet the requirements of the company.
Please do not hesitate to contact Graham Davison or Fern Fellowes-Day (01905 780700) to discuss the role in confidence. Email applications (CV and covering letter) to us via the application system below. The position will be open until the right person is found! No agencies please.
Apply for this job
Apply to the employer directly, click the button below.
Want jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system via jobseeker account.See more Technical Arb jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.