Senior Arboricultural Consultant - Newmarket
Ligna Consultancy Ltd
About the jobWe’re looking for a full-time experienced Arboricultural Consultant to join the team.
You will become the fourth member of our young and dynamic team, which currently includes 1x Experienced Consultant, 1x Trainee Consultant, and 1x CAD Tech/Office Assistant (on maternity leave).
If successful, your duties will include the following tasks:
- Undertake BS5837 surveys, tree condition surveys, and undertake arboricultural supervision.
- Produce high-quality tree condition assessments, impact assessments, method statements and planning statements.
- Attend meetings and supervisions as a representative of Ligna Consultancy.
- Help attract and build strong relationships with new (and existing) clients.
- You may be required to stay away from home occasionally.
- Occasionally, undertake the perilous and arduous journey to empty the office bin.
If successful, you will receive:
- Anticipated salary range £27,000-£36,000 (DOE) (reviewed annually).
- 28 days paid annual leave per year (pro rata).
- Pension contributions.
- Paid mileage, travel & subsistence (whilst away from home).
- A company van.
- Fully funded CPD with possibility for assistance with progressing in your Higher Education.
- Opportunities for increased responsibilities and career progression.
- Tea, coffee and biscuits provided. Saying that, the latter might disappear before you get here, so if in doubt, bring cake.
If you think you may be a good fit for the role, and would like to join a young, forward thinking and dynamic company, please send us your CV, a covering letter of experience and if available an example of an Arboricultural Impact Assessment that you have previously produced.
Please note that if accepted, there will be probationary period. Additionally, in your initial application email, please include the phrase ‘Hello, is it me you’re looking for’ in your first paragraph. This is so we can see if you are paying attention!
If you wish to discuss the opportunity and role further, please message us directly via the application system below.
Preferred SkillsAs an applicant you will ideally have the following:
- Fdsc / BSc / ProfDip in arboriculture (or similar)
- Lantra PTI
- Professional Member of the Arboricultural Association
- 3+ years experience in arboricultural consultancy (preferable)
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Experience with AutoCAD/Keytree (preferable)
- You must be competent in the undertaking of Tree Surveys (BS 5837 & Condition Surveys).
- You must be accurate and diligent in the production of your work, and able to independently produce high-quality reports.
- Be computer literate, with a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Be good at problem solving, as an individual and as a team.
- Be well presented, trustworthy and punctual.
- Have a desire to continually improve your knowledge and work.
- Have a love of the outdoors (you’ll be out there quite a lot!)
- Have a cracking sense of humour, enjoy cat and LotR memes, the Oxford comma, and enjoy long sunset walks along the beech (get it? Just one of the many classic jokes you’ll get if you join our team)….
Apply for this job
Apply directly to the employer by clicking the button below. Looking for jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system on our FREE jobseeker account.See more Technical Arb jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.