Assistant Arboricultural Consultant - Chipping Norton
Lockhart Garratt Ltd
About the CompanyLockhart Garratt’s team of chartered foresters, ecologists, landscape architects, arboriculturists, environmental consultants and surveyors provide advice and support on all aspects of forestry and woodland management. The company works with a range of clients from the public, private and charitable sectors.
About the jobAs part of our continued growth we are looking to recruit a driven and enthusiastic Assistant Arboricultural Consultant to join our team in Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your arboricultural skills and to provide tailored advice to a variety of clients as part of a wider multi-discipline environmental consultancy.
The role reports to the Senior Arboricultural Consultant, Stephen Westmore. You will lead and work collaboratively within a team on projects including:
- trees in relation to planning development;
- tree risk surveys;
- tree population management;
- contract administration; and
- Veteran tree surveys and advice.
Specific tasks include:
- Supporting and assisting the Arboricultural team members in client instructions and business development tasks;
- Report writing, contract administration, budgets and preparation of professional plans;
- Supporting senior members of team in achieving project deliverables;
- Representing Lockhart Garratt at industry and marketing events;
- Communicating and liaising with clients, stakeholders and contractors; and
- Input into team and company-wide meetings.
Preferred SkillsThe right candidate should have:
- HND/BSc/FdSC in Arboriculture or closely related subject;
- Be willing to work towards a full professional membership of the Institute of Chartered Foresters or Arboricultural Association;
- Previous experience in an Arboricultural role;
- Previous experience with client facing involvement;
- Excellent report writing ability and written/oral communication;
- Numerate and able to use a range of software packages including Word, Excel and Outlook;
- A working knowledge of GIS mapping software (preferable but not essential);
- Full UK driving licence;
- Ability and willingness to travel for survey/client work and to occasionally work away from home; and above all
- Be able to work as part of a team and have a passion for trees and the natural environment.
Apply for this job
Apply directly to the employer by clicking the button below. Looking for jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system on our FREE jobseeker account.
See more Technical Arb jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.