Principal Arboricultural Consultant - Sussex or London
About the CompanyArbeco Ltd is an independent arboricultural and ecological consultancy that can also deliver the practical side of wildlife mitigation and arboriculture projects, including habitat creation and restoration, tree surgery and environmental mitigation work.
About the jobWe have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated Principal Arboricultural Consultant to assist with the development and management of the Arboricultural Consultancy Team. The post will be based in either our Sussex or London office, although the project-based nature of our work means that there will also be a requirement to undertake such travel as is necessary to successfully carry out contracts.
What’s in it for you?
• Salary on a scale commensurate with experience from £36,110 upwards (plus £2,000 for London Weighting if applicable);
• TOIL (time off in lieu) policy and flexible approach to working hours to ensure a healthy work-life balance.
• 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays;
• Opportunities for career development and training;
• Auto enrolment pension scheme (after 3 months’ service);
• Cycle to work scheme;
• Socials, games nights and volunteering days through our staff engagement and development initiative;
• Fun, friendly, and forward-thinking coworkers;
• A dog-friendly office.
Preferred SkillsThe applicant will be involved in all areas of consultancy, including:
• The management and mentoring of the Arboricultural Consultancy team;
• Undertaking BS 5837:2012 arboricultural surveys reports, impact assessments and method statements;
• Giving verbal and written advice to clients at design meetings and workshops in relation to trees and their retention on new development schemes;
• Undertaking Arboricultural watching brief, site monitoring and supervision work;
• Assisting with client enquiries and preparing fee proposals and tenders for arboricultural projects and frameworks;
• Use of decay detection systems such as PICUS and/or Resistograph;
• Development of new and existing client base, marketing and business development;
• Promotion of new service areas including Tree Hazard Risk Assessments and Quantified Tree Risk Assessments; and,
• Assisting with other ecology related surveys and projects as required.
Desirable Skills & Experience
• A minimum Level 4 or equivalent qualification in Arboriculture;
• Experience delivering comprehensive and complex arboricultural projects within set deadlines;
• A detailed understanding and appreciation of trees and the planning system, both in relation to design, demolition and construction recommendations (BS 5837:2012) and statutory legislation;
• Experience in producing and editing Tree Constraints Plans, Tree Replacement and Removal Plans and Tree Protection Plans using KeyTree, AutoCad and Arcview or similar mapping software packages.
• Strong IT and MS Office skills;
• LANTRA Professional Tree Inspection Certificate (PTI);
• Professional Membership of The Arboricultural Association (MArborA);
• NPTC CS38 Climbing Trees and Aerial Rescue Certificate;
• A full UK driving licence, and;
• Willingness to travel when required
Apply for this job
Apply directly to the employer by clicking the button below. Looking for jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system on our FREE jobseeker account.See more Technical Arb jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.