Chargehand Arborist Climber Wanted - Norwich
About the job
Chargehand Arborist Climber - Norwich
£33,716.80 - £35,776.00 DoE
Norse Group are one of the UK’s most dynamic and fast-growing companies, built on a foundation of joint ventures with Local Government partners and consistently delivering award winning services across a wide range of disciplines throughout the UK.
We have an excellent opportunity available for a Chargehand Arborist Climber to join the team based in Norwich on a permanent basis. This position will require you to work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 07:30-16:00.
As Chargehand Arborist Climber you will be responsible for leading a small team of Arborist, you will be involved in various types of tree works projects across both private and commercial sectors.
We currently undertake work in all types of settings so you would have to have a flexible approach to how you work as you could be working for Highways, Schools, Care homes, woodlands, nature reserves, Libraries, Fire stations, Hospitals. Your duties will include:
- Taking lead from project start to completion
- Carrying out tree surgery maintenance operations
- Working closely with the Team Leader to ensure day to operations are effectively carried out
- Ensuring all Health & Safety is followed
- Setting out control and traffic management
Our Successful Candidate:
- Previous working experience as an arborist / team leader
- City & Guilds Level 2/3 Certificate in relevant disciplines
- Able to work independently or within a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of all relevant Health & Safety procedures
- Working Knowledge of the Wildlife & Countryside Act 1981 and associated requirements.
- Full UK driving licence to meet travel requirements
For the right applicate there is room to grow within the company with extra training and qualifications provided to help expand the business and your career. We have excellent environment to work in with friendly staff and you will have access to a range of new machinery and equipment. Alongside our team environment, you will receive:
- A competitive salary of £33,716.80 - £35,776.00 DoE
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Sickness & pension scheme
- Company vehicle for work use only
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
Please read the attached job description and person specification to ensure you meet the criteria for the role before applying.
An enhanced DBS check will be required for our successful candidate, payment will be met by the employer. Please click here for details of our DBS policy relating to the recruitment of ex-offenders.
We are committed to employment practices and behaviours which encourage diversity, promote equality of treatment and eliminate unlawful and or unfair discrimination.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful and will not be progressed to the next stage.
About the Company
Join our team
Norse Group brings together building consultancy services provider Norse Consulting, care provider NorseCare and facilities management specialists Norse Commercial Services.
We offer a spectrum of career opportunities across England and Wales, delivering a wide range of services from business development and finance to architecture and surveying to waste management, grounds maintenance and cleaning.
Our employees are our most valuable asset. As a company, we are committed to developing our team by providing ongoing training and development opportunities.