Arboricultural Consultant – Buckinghamshire
About the job
We are an established practice providing landscape, ecology and arboricultural services. We undertake tree surveys and arboricultural impact assessments for planning, working with developers, architects and planning consultants.
We are expanding our existing arboricultural service and we are now looking for a candidate to be based in our Milton Keynes or Reading office, to provide coverage across the south of England.
We are looking for an experienced consultant who is self-motivated and can work independently.
You will have the opportunity to develop your technical and professional skills in a supportive environment, whilst contributing to the successful delivery of arboricultural services to support all stages of development from initial tree surveys to arboricultural impact assessments, tree protection plans and method statements.
This is an exciting opportunity for an arboricultural consultant, in a role which has the potential for future growth, to develop and lead a team of tree surveyors.
- Confident in carrying out tree surveys and report writing;
- Proficient in preparing survey plans in AutoCAD or tree related software;
- An excellent two-way communicator, both verbally and in writing;
- Understanding of protected trees legislation, relevant British Standards including BS5837;2012 reports, and best practice guidance;
- Aware of tree risk management;
- LANTRA Professional Tree Inspection.
- A Professional Member of the Arboricultural Association, with a minimum RQF Level 4 qualification in arboriculture
- Driving license and own vehicle;
- An ability to work independently
Smeeden Foreman offers a great opportunity for your personal development within our experienced team, a competitive salary, work place pension contributions, professional subscription contributions and a friendly and supportive working environment.