Senior or Principal Arboriculturist Wanted -Stoke on Trent, Birmingham, Bolton
Wardell Armstrong LLP
About the CompanyWardell Armstrong is a successful multi-disciplinary consultancy with 13 offices throughout the UK employing approximately 500 staff. At the heart of our business lies a group of outstanding people. Working together with clients, we deliver solutions to often challenging problems in Property & Development, Infrastructure & Utilities and Mining & Minerals.
We believe in excellence in what we do, ensuring best value for our clients. We couple excellence with a pragmatic and, where appropriate, innovative approach to our work.
About the jobSenior or Principal Arboriculturist
Based at our Stoke on Trent Head Office - other offices may be considered e.g. Birmingham or Bolton
Wardell Armstrong is a successful multi-disciplinary consultancy with 13 offices throughout the UK employing approximately 500 staff. At the heart of our business lies a group of outstanding people. Working together with clients, we deliver solutions to often challenging problems in Mining & Minerals, Infrastructure & Energy and Property & Development.
Within the role of Arboriculturist you will be rewarded with a supportive and social working atmosphere where your experience and knowledge can be developed with the opportunity for future progression. We are ideally looking for an experienced individual but would consider individuals at a more junior level.
The main duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
• BS 5837 surveys and preparing Technical Notes, Constraints & Opportunities reports, Impact Assessments and Method statements.
• Undertaking site supervision works.
• Safety/ risk surveys and preparing associated reports.
• Preparing management plans and Technical Notes.
• Providing arboricultural advice to clients and attending meetings with clients.
• Preparing fee proposals and tenders.
• Undertaking quality assurance of reports and plans.
• Undertaking veteran/ ancient tree assessments and amenity assessments.
• To assist the Associate Director for Arboriculture in the management of the arboricultural team.
• Assist with TPO applications and S211 notifications and development control development application consultation responses for the LPAs we work for.
We primarily undertake BS 5837 work, which has resulted in interesting and stimulating work: specifying and managing mature tree translocations; the supervision of tree protection measures; the installation of no-dig roads and undertaking airspade root investigation supervision. We also undertake tree safety/ risk management consultancy work, from inspections of a single tree through to large scale surveys and also the production of tree risk management strategies. We have a team of three arboriculturists in our head office in Stoke and undertake work over the whole of the UK. We also undertake TPO and S211 and planning application assessments for a LPA and have undertaken veteran tree assessments for other Council’s.
• Membership of the Firm's Group Personal Pension Plan, with Employer's contribution of up to 5%.
• Payment of a relevant professional subscription.
• 24 days annual leave per year.
• Membership to the Firm's Private Health Care Scheme.
• Inclusion in the Firm's Critical Illness Cover Policy.
• Inclusion in the Firm's Life Assurance Policy, insuring you 3 times your annual salary.
• Mobile Phone with inclusive tariff including personal usage.
• Flexi-Time Working Schedule.
• Long service awards.
• Cycle to Work Scheme.
• Travel Loans.
• Recruitment Bounty Scheme.
Preferred SkillsEssential Requirements
• A minimum qualification in arboriculture and/ or urban forestry to level 4 on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
• LANTRA Professional Tree Inspection qualification.
• A minimum of 1 years’ experience of undertaking VTA inspections and BS 5837 surveys and reporting work, , including the use of surveying equipment and software.
• Good tree and shrub and pest and disease identification skills.
• Good understanding of tree biology, tree biomechanics and decay fungi and how these affect risk and lifespan.
• Full UK driving licence.
• Trained in the use of tree risk management systems such as QTRA or VALID.
• Have knowledge and/ or experience of woodland management.
• Technical or Professional membership of the Arboricultural Association or be a member of the Institute of Chartered Foresters or be willing to work towards these.
Apply for this job
Apply to the employer directly, click the button below.
Want jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system via jobseeker account.See more Technical Arb jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.