Chesterfield Borough Council
About the jobReference: CBC22007
Salary details: £28,672 - £31,346 per year
Job term: Permanent
Appointment type: Full-time
Hours: 37 hours per week
Location: Stongravels Depot
Department: Parks and open spaces
Division: Leisure Culture & Community Wellbeing
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work within the management of trees and woodlands within the Chesterfield borough, alongside delivery of the practical functions of the service, the successful post holder will be involved with the development of new initiatives and management planning.
The job will entail the management of the Council’s trees and tree service and contributing to ensuring the Council’s resilience to meet our climate change commitments.
You will work with officers across our services from green spaces and street scene to housing and planning and you will provide guidance and assistance in all tree related matters.
On a day to day basis you will carry out practical tree works but the majority of your responsibilities will include surveys and assessments, responding to enquiries, managing the Council tree contracts and our contractors.
Applications are sought from skilled and experienced arborists who are seeking to progress their career towards a technical and managerial role.
Working in local government is a highly satisfying and rewarding experience in so many ways. In return for the contribution you’ll make to our local community, you’ll enjoy an excellent range of benefits like flexi-time and agile working arrangements, fantastic opportunities for training and development, a generous Local Government pension scheme and an excellent employee health and well-being programme
How to apply
CVs are not accepted, please download and complete the application form using the link provided and return it by email to email@example.com. Your application must be received no later than the closing date shown below.
Closing date: 31 January 2022
Provisional interview date: 14 February 2022
• Able to manage resources including staff, plant and machinery.
• Able to work alone as necessary as well as motivate others and manage daily workloads.
• Good organisational skills.
• Excellent tree identification skills.
• Knowledge of tree biology and pathology.
• Working knowledge of, and skills in pruning to BS3998.
• Working knowledge of forestry and arboricultural machinery/plant.
• Ability to climb trees and perform aerial rescue.
• Ability to work on own or as part of a team.
• Ability to use own initiative / problem solve.
• Ability to prioritise works and work to deadlines.
• Understanding of office IT systems and GDPR.
• Understanding of budgets and financial management of service resources.
• Understanding of Health & Safety at Work Act.
• Ability to interpret site plans.
• Knowledge of LOLER Regulations.
• Knowledge of Chapter 8 signing and guarding.
• A level 3 qualification in arboriculture, horticulture or related subject OR demonstrable equivalent industry experience and knowledge.
• City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Award in Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross Cutting (Formerly CS30).
• City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Award in Ground Based Chainsaw Operator (Formerly CS30 & CS31).
• City & Guilds NPTC Level 3 Award in Felling & Processing Trees over 380mm (Formerly CS32).
• City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Award in Tree Climbing and Rescue (Formerly CS38).
• City & Guilds NPTC Level 3 Award in Aerial Cutting of Trees with a Chainsaw using Free Fall techniques (Formerly CS39).
• City & Guilds NPTC Level 3 Award in Aerial Tree Pruning (Formerly CS40).
• City & Guilds NPTC Level 3 Award in Aerial Tree Rigging (Formerly CS41).
• Hold or willing to obtain appropriate level management qualification within the industry framework.
• Full Driving Licence.
• Ability to tow a trailer with category BE.
• Knowledge of silvicultural practice.
• QTRA, VALID or similar tree management processes .
• Use of mapping software for tree reports, surveys and assessments.
• Professional Tree Inspectors qualification or similar.
Apply for this job
Apply to the employer directly, click the button below.
Want jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system via jobseeker account.
See more Technical Arb jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.