Consultant Arboriculturist - Sheffield/ Manchester
About the CompanyEnzygo is a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy with offices based in Sheffield, Manchester and Bristol. We provide a range of services for a number of projects and sectors including Land and Property Development, Infrastructure, Waste, Minerals, Energy and Utilities.
About the jobWe are currently looking for an Arboricultural Consultant (fixed term appointment- maternity cover for a minimum of 9 months starting in March/April 2020, with the potential of becoming a permanent post) to join our growing Landscape Team and to manage our increasing workload ranging from British Standard tree surveys to woodland management planning.
You will work independently and as part of a larger, multi-disciplinary team and provide specialist arboricultural advice and high-quality reports for a number of projects and sectors including Land and Property Development, Infrastructure, Waste, Minerals, Energy and Utilities.
As a Consultant Arboriculturist your tasks will include:
• Arboricultural Surveys to BS 5837:2012 of small and large-scale sites, including woodland, rural, commercial, brownfield and urban as well as small domestic sites, both locally and nationally.
• Recording tree parameters comprehensively and efficiently and liaising with local authorities to identify legal protection of trees on development sites.
• Visual Tree Assessment (VTA) both as stand-alone surveys and as part of BS 5837 surveys.
• Tree survey reports usually required to support planning applications, including tree survey schedules and Tree Constraints Plans.
• Arboricultural Impact Assessments and Arboricultural Method Statements in accordance with BS 5837.
• Tree Protection Plans for phased and complex developments, including accurate setting out information to aid interpretation on site during construction.
• Preparation and procurement of tree management works for land managers including Tree Works Specifications.
• Preparation of Woodland Management Plans to include constraints and opportunities in and around a woodland area.
• Assisting clients with advice on legal tree protection (Tree Preservation Orders and Trees in Conservation Area), in particular where they require tree works to be carried out on one or more protected trees for development, or where protected trees where accidentally damaged during works in the proximity of the tree.
• Arboricultural Supervision of works near retained trees
• Management of arboricultural sub-consultants where necessary
Successful candidates must have
• A qualification to QCF Level 4 in arboriculture (or above)
• Relevant experience in a commercial arboricultural consultancy
• Computer literacy with good working knowledge of AutoCAD or BricsCAD as well as MS Office applications (in particularly Word and Excel)
• Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Organisational skills and ability to manage own workload
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Willingness to travel and stay away from home
• Full clean UK driving licence
• Experience in the use of digital survey equipment and software (i.e. Pear technology)
In return we can offer flexible working and will provide a benefits package including life insurance (three times salary), payment of professional subscriptions up to £500 pa, 4% company pension contribution, 24 days annual leave with the ability to request 5 days unpaid annual leave and Fox Valley discount card (provides up to 30% off at Fox Valley Shopping Centre).
Part-time applications will be considered.
Preferred SkillsIn addition to the above, the following would be desirable
• Membership of the Arboricultural Association (or other related professional body)
• Experience of Green Infrastructure Appraisal and Tree Value Assessments
• Qualification of use of the Quantified Tree Risk Assessments (QTRA) methodology
• A dual qualification covering other environmental disciplines, including landscape Architecture or ecology
• The use of Adobe Creative Suite
• Application of knowledge both of ornamental and native plants for planting plans
Apply for this job
Apply directly to the employer by clicking the button below. Looking for jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system on our FREE jobseeker account.See more Technical Arb jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.