Arboricultural Consultant - London / Sussex
About the CompanyArbeco Ltd is an independent arboricultural and ecological consultancy that can also deliver the practical side of wildlife mitigation and arboriculture projects, including habitat creation and restoration, tree surgery and environmental mitigation work.
About the jobWe have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated Arboricultural Consultant to assist with and carry out Arboricultural surveys and reports. The post will be based in either our London or Lewes offices and will require travel between them. The project-based nature of our work means that there will also be a requirement to undertake such travel as is necessary to successfully carry out contracts.
The Arboriculturalist will be involved in all areas of tree survey work, including
• Undertaking BS 5837 and Tree Condition surveys and reports;
• Tree condition surveys;
• Fee quote preparation and management of cost control;
• Participate in marketing and developing the Arboricultural services offered to new and existing clients;
• Providing support to The Ecology Consultancy management team.
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive salary on a scale commensurate with experience.
• TOIL (time off in lieu) policy and flexible approach to working hours to ensure a healthy work-life balance
• 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays;
• Opportunities for career development and training;
• Auto enrolment pension scheme (after 3 months’ service);
• Socials, games nights and volunteering days offered through our staff engagement and development initiative;
• Fun, friendly, and forward-thinking co-workers;
• A dog-friendly office.
Preferred SkillsThe successful candidates will:
• Have degree or minimum Level 3 Arboricultural qualification i.e. HNC Arb, AA Tech Cert, NDip Arb;
• Have a working understanding of undertaking tree surveys to BS 5837:2012 standards;
• Be confident in planning and managing your own portfolio of work;
• Have experience delivering comprehensive Arboricultural reports within tight timeframes to meet client requirements;
• Have strong IT skills including MS Office;
• Have a full clean UK driving licence;
• Have good data & report writing skills.
Desirable but not essential:
• Working knowledge of the planning system in relation to trees & BS 5837: 2012 ‘Trees in relation to design, demolition and construction-Recommendations;
• LANTRA Professional Tree Inspection Certificate (PTI)
• An understanding of basic maps and plans using autocad, arcview GIS or similar.
• Associate Membership of The Arboricultural Association
Apply for this job
Apply directly to the employer by clicking the button below. Looking for jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system on our FREE jobseeker account.See more Technical Arb jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.