Head of Arboriculture Operations - Thame Oxfordshire
About the job
To manage the Arborists and the Business Support Manager. Full accountability for arboriculture operations with a focus on pricing, delivery of services, adherence to safety standards, employee and contractor productivity, and overall customer service quality. As AJB Tree Care is a small business the job holder is expected to be ‘hands on’ in working with the team to get all daily tasks and overall commitments completed. Initial key objectives:
• Strengthen communication with all arborists to foster teamwork and loyalty to the business.
• Personally develop a strong relationship with all key customers, ensuring their needs are met. Maintain daily communications through telephone and email.
• Enforce the utilisation of Arbostar and Hilti software services throughout the workforce.
• Develop the team with clear job accountabilities and measurable objectives.
• Ensure all arborists are adequately assessed and trained.
• Plan, monitor and control client commitments daily through strong administrative processes, ensure adequate resources are deployed.
• Ensure a plan extends over a months’ time horizon. Schedule sufficient work to meet the monthly revenue target.
• Take control of all regulatory and legal matters including TPO and Conservation checks.
• Ensure that tasks are completed on time and to the standard expected.
• Develop a reporting process so that operational performance can be adequately monitored by the CEO.
• Build an operating plan of improvement initiatives for the next 12 months to support the CEO in improving the performance of Arboriculture.
Overall Key Accountabilities:
• Manage productive teams with month-on-month improvement.
• Ensure work is priced competitively but profitability, obtain CEO approval for works as agreed.
• Ownership of procedures and controls in ensuring the smooth running of operations.
• Improve efficiency and ensure all customer commitments are met.
• Ensure customers are satisfied with the service provided and that regular feedback is obtained
- At least 5 years management experience of managing arborist operations. Must have customer facing experience and a proven track record of driving through change and improvement
- In depth knowledge of systems and controls that can be deployed to improve efficiency. Advanced knowledge of arboriculture and pricing
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- IT literate – Intermediate levels of Microsoft Office - Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong skills in business performance improvement initiatives. Behaviour
- Highly organised.
- Strong leader and communicator who can influence others.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong client management skills.
About the Company
A J Tree Care
A J B Tree Care is a family run business and part of the AJB Group that works mainly in the commercial sector. We have a wide range of machinery to aid our teams in the field and pride ourselves for our values of safety and efficiency.