Consultant Flexible, Nationwide (United Kingdom) Full Time
Graduate Arboriculturist Wanted - Nationwide
About the jobWhat will you get?
Our Graduate Development Programme is a structured 2-year scheme, aiming to progress Graduates into global project leaders and problem solvers. We provide the framework, mentoring and experience, to help you maximise your skills and ambition across a variety of locations and markets. On joining our scheme in September 2023, you’ll rapidly gain knowledge of how our company works, where our motivations lie and, most importantly, where you can make innovative contributions to our projects and help us take a step towards a more connected and sustainable world.
About the opportunity
Jacobs has a growing UK Landscape and Arboriculture team of over 70 professionals, and we are looking for a graduate who can bring their arboricultural expertise and enthusiasm to this innovative and exciting team. As a Graduate Arboriculturist you will work on a wide variety of arboricultural projects throughout the UK, supported by the existing arboricultural team. There is scope to be based out of our offices in either Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, London, Reading, Cardiff, Bristol or Exeter.
What will the role include?
- Conduct tree surveys to BS5837:2012 Tree in Relation to Design, Demolition and Construction.
- Working alongside our arboricultural team to ensure the delivery of comprehensive arboricultural reports, including Arboricultural Impact Assessments and Arboricultural Method Statements within tight time-frames to meet client requirements.
- To provide technical arboricultural solutions in a design and build environment, with the foresight to design out trees where possible.
Consolation and communication with other environmental disciplines such as Ecology, Landscape Architecture and Sustainability.
- Contribute new innovative ideas, materials, research and learnings to the team, as part of your management and project work.
- Liaison with contractors
- Travel to all areas of the UK!
What else we provide
- A flexible workstyle, embracing a hybrid working pattern and supporting those who need to balance work/life commitments a bit differently than others
- Free single medical cover and digital GP service
- Reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships
- An inclusive and diverse work environment, embracing the variety of disciplines, cultures, backgrounds and lifestyles of our employees through our Jacobs Employee Networks
- A focus on safety, health, and wellbeing, prioritising our people through a culture of caring and positive mental health champion network
- Opportunities to give back to our communities through our Collectively program, incorporating matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Preferred SkillsHere’s What You’ll Need:
- Level 4 qualification or above in Arboriculture/Forestry/Countryside Management with the desire to work towards Level 5/6.
- An awareness of BS5837:2012 and BS3998: 2010.
- Familiarity with CAD and digital survey hardware and software, including GIS.
- Ability to take on projects and work independently, or as part of the wider landscape and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Familiarity of Streetworks UK: National Joint Utilities Group (NJUG) Volume 4, Woodland Management and TPO applications an advantage.
- Site visits and survey work forms part of the role, sometimes in more remote locations, therefore a Full UK driving license is essential for this role.
- You must have the permanent right to work in the UK
Apply for this job
Apply to the employer directly, click the button below.
Want jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system via jobseeker account.See more Technical Arb jobs