Woodland and Land Management Operative Wanted - Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire
About the CompanyWe are a family run business and manage private and commercial client landscape projects, mainly focused on the planting of multi-strata woodland, agro forestry, as well as regenerative landscape schemes.
About the jobAbout us and the role:
We are a family run business and manage private and commercial client landscape projects, mainly focused on the planting of multi-strata woodland, agro forestry, as well as regenerative landscape schemes.
You will be joining us at an exciting time, both in a change in practice and attitude to land management, as well as the wider impact to our environment. Tree Source are responding to this rapid change by developing new land management techniques to embrace and support these practices, alongside the goal of biodiversity gain
We are looking for someone to support us in the creation and management of a truly innovative landscape solution. If you are passionate about the land and making long term positive change through increased bio-diversity and social connectivity, we are interested in hearing from you.
We are especially looking for like-minded people who’d like to be part of a team making real and practical changes, with the natural environment at the heart of all our projects.
No horticultural experience required, only a willingness to learn and a healthy work ethic. For the right candidate all additional training can be provided. Each day will be spent outdoors, working the land in all elements.
Tasks will include:
- Multi strata/parkland tree planting
-Tree transplanting/tree spade
- Veteran tree management
- Sensitive woodland management
- Soil regeneration
- All aspects of wilding
- Water and meadow management
Salary and Benefits:
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Ongoing training and development
- Pension contributions scheme
- Mobile phone allowance
If you would like to apply for the position, please email a CV and covering letter directly to us via the application system below explaining why you think this role is for you.
A D.B.S check will be required for the successful applicant.
-Full, clean UK driving licence
- Familiarity with hand and power tools
- Good communication skills with clients and staff and understanding of confidentiality
- Willingness to work flexibly in accordance
with the needs of the Company
- Be punctual and presentable
- Experience working with machinery in small and large project site conditions
- Chainsaw qualification – CS30/31
- Experience working with and around heavy plant machinery
- Level 2 RHS Horticultural/ Arboricultural qualifications or similar relevant qualification in Horticulture, Landscaping or Arboriculture
- Land management experience
Apply for this job
Apply to the employer directly, click the button below.
Want jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system via jobseeker account.See more Tree Surgery jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.