Foreman/ Working Supervisor Wanted - South East
About the jobAs a Foreman within our Landscaping division you will be responsible for leading a team(s) in delivering a high-quality vegetation clearance, fencing and soft landscaping contracting service for our clients.
In return, we offer an attractive salary and benefits package, the opportunity of being part of a talented and well-motivated team, together with first class opportunities for both personal and career development in a truly national and integrated business.
Typically, some responsibilities of a Landscaping Foreman include:
• Planning operations for your team on a daily/weekly basis in liaison with the Contract Supervisor/Manager ensuring the correct resources and equipment are in place for each shift.
• Working in a team of 3 undertaking all aspects of vegetation clearance work (including felling, pruning, crown lifting and thinning) alongside the highways network and on construction sites.
• Soft landscaping, maintenance, and fencing works alongside the highways network and on construction sites.
• Have the experience which enables you to anticipate operational issues which need managing and/or communicating to the client.
• Liaison with our Contract Supervisors & Managers in the planning, delivery and completion of works – highlighting to line managers any issues which need addressing/communicating to clients.
• Ensuring compliance with all aspects of Health & Safety, environmental and quality standards.
• Ensuring operations are delivered to clients' expectations and on schedule.
Preferred SkillsYou will be a self-motivated individual with the ability to lead by example, motivate and manage a small team. Have a passion and take pride in your work and have a good understanding of current industry best practices.
In addition to this, you’ll preferably have:
• NPTC – Felling small trees to 300mm and cross cutting.
• NPTC/Lantra – Woodchipper.
• NPTC/Lantra – Brushcutter.
• NPTC/Lantra – Certificate of Competence in Stump Grinding Operations.
• First Aid.
• Hold a full, valid driving license (preferably incl. B & E).
• 2+ years’ experience in similar job role.
• Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships.
• CSCS Gold Card.
• NVQ Level 3 in Arboriculture or similar.
• CITB SSSTS.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter, clearly specifying the role you are applying for, to us via the application system below.
Closing Date: 21st September 2021
The Company’s Job Applicant Privacy Notice is available at www.tilhill.com/about-us/careers
Tilhill is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Apply for this job
Apply to the employer directly, click the button below.
Want jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system via jobseeker account.See more Utility Arb jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.