Arboricultural manager- Manchester
Greater Manchester TreeStation
About the CompanyGreater Manchester TreeStation is an Arboricultural Association Approved Contractor based on Manchester and operating throughout the Northwest. We undertake tree work and consultancy for a range of domestic and commercial clients.
The TreeStation is a not-for-profit social enterprise involved in arboriculture, landscaping, woodland management, biomass fuels and timber. Our primary aim is the reduction of carbon emissions through the reuse and upcycling of virgin timber arisings.
About the jobA full time vacancy has arisen for the position of Arboricultural Manager and we are looking for the right person to join our team. As a senior manager, the Arboricultural Manager works closely with the Managing Director at a strategic level across other areas of the business.
• Direct tree work operations, both private and commercial, and project manage successful tenders, including budget management
• Management of several mobile tree work teams, including staff appraisals and identifying training requirements and opportunities for staff development
• Manage framework contracts for local authorities and housing associations
• Coordinate contract management by quoting, preparing job sheets and site plans, and scheduling works and projects
• Ensuring that TreeStation maintains and develops its safety and quality accreditations in line with company policies
• Oversee H&S strategies through revising COSHH assessments and Risk Assessments, creating method statements, monitoring incidents through incident management and identifying incident trends
• Keep abreast with and make recommendations regarding policies and procedures and make sure they are up to date with current legislation
• Research and develop new systems to further increase work efficiencies
• Liaise with private and commercial clients, local councils, senior stakeholders and the managing director
• Responsibility to direct the contract administration team, setting targets, reviewing priorities and workloads in the undertaking of the above duties
Preferred SkillsThe successful applicant must have a dedication to sustainability and environmental concerns, and will also meet the following criteria:
• A Level 4 or above qualification in Arboriculture or in a related subject (experience will be taken into account if an applicant doesn’t have the required qualification level)
• At least 10 years of industry experience
• At least 5 years of experience in supervising/managing multiple teams
• NPTC qualified, with a minimum of 6 arboricultural certificates of competence
• Tree identification knowledge and an understanding of tree safety and hazards
• Knowledge of TPOs and conservation areas
• Budget and business management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience of project management
• Excellent customer care and engagement skills
• Computer literate and competent with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Applications
• Open to developing new streams of revenue
• Full driving license and a willingness to travel
• NEBOSH/IOSH Managing Safely certificated
• IPAF operator’s licence, preferably 1b and 3b
• NRSWA signing lighting guarding supervisor
• First aid at work with remote emergencies module
• PTS and/or CSCS card
• Experience of planning and management of specialised tree work operations, use of cranes in arboriculture, mechanised site clearance/forestry operations and similar
Apply for this job
Apply to the employer directly, click the button below.
Want jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system via jobseeker account.See more Tree Surgery jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.