About the CompanyQuants Environmental is an expanding Ecological and Arboricultural consultancy with a diverse range of clients and projects, from small residential developers through to large scale commercial industries. Our work spans the UK, but we are especially active across the beautiful landscapes of Yorkshire and the north of England.
About the jobThis is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to assist our Senior Arboriculturist and develop a career in consultancy. The work involves undertaking tree surveys and reporting in relation to planning and development, sometimes working alongside our ecologists. The ability to work flexibly within the team is therefore essential.
The successful candidate will be required to:
• Assist the Senior Arboriculturist with all aspects of tree surveys and report writing
• Undertake tree surveys and reports to BS5837:2012
• Provide written and verbal advice to clients
• Assist with the supervision of contractors on site
Further training will be provided as needed. We intend to support the individual through the Arboricultural Association mentoring scheme, as required.
Preferred SkillsThe successful candidate will have the following:
• A broad and solid foundation of applied arboriculture
• A sound understanding of UK arboriculture legislation and a pragmatic approach to project management
• A self-motivated attitude, with the ability to organise own workload
• Excellent planning and report writing skills
• Ability to communicate professionally both verbally and in writing
• Ability to work well as part of our existing friendly team
Qualifications, skills and memberships:
• Level 4 qualification or above in Arboriculture or Forestry (Essential)
• Qualified Tree Climber or willingness to undergo training (Essential)
• Full driving licence (Essential)
• Membership of a relevant professional body such as ICF, RICS, Arboricultural Association (Desirable)
• Ability to use existing and learn new software, including GIS (Desirable)
• LANTRA Professional Tree Inspector Certificate (Desirable)
• Experience in decay detection devices and air spade (Desirable)
To apply, please email your CV, together with a covering letter to us via the application system below.
Closing date for applications 12th March 2021.
Enquiries are welcome to: 01765 600 799 (Please ask for James Stacey or Andrew Westgarth).
Quants Environmental is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Apply for this job
Apply directly to the employer by clicking the button below. Looking for jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system on our FREE jobseeker account.See more Trainee Positions jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.