Utility Arborist Team Climber- Shropshire, Mid Wales
About the CompanyArbserv provide Tree Management for Utilities, Developers, Land Managers, Estate Agents & Home Owners.
A Trusted Reputation for Delivering Quality & Excellence in Arboricutural Services.
CHAS accreditation, BSI 9001 Certification, Achilles UVDB Qualified and a professional member of the Arboricultural Association.
Be part of a professional forward thinking Arb company.
About the jobArbserv require an additional X2 Arborist Climbers to fulfil an expansion of work predominantly on local utility powerline Arb contracts along with commercial and domestic tree work in the mix.
• Utility Arborist Climber
• Working on the overhead Powerline Network mainly in the Shropshire & Telford Area
• Drive company 4x4 vehicle towing track chipper on a plant trailer or tow behind sub 750kg chipper.
• Load vehicles and prepare equipment.
• Help carry out daily & pre-use checks on vehicles kit & equipment using an app-based system.
• Maintain vehicles, tools and equipment.
• Help to plan and contact customers as required when the land/tree owner has specified prior notice is required.
• Help locate and drive to pre-surveyed and consented work sites using Network Maps & Sat nav.
• Contribute to written risk assessments forms for each site before carrying out work & book on/off the distribution network with control.
• Carry out both aerial & ground-based tree & vegetation safety clearance work in close proximity to predominantly live & sometimes isolated overhead powerlines.
• Contribute to completing app-based job completion forms.
• Feedback information and work with your manager to organise workload.
• Emergency Tree Fault work will be expected of you from time to time as it arises outside of normal working hrs Mon-Fri 7.30am – 4.30pm (additional rates of pay apply for out of hours work at x1.5 to x2 rates)
• Ad-hoc you will be expected to work on non-utility domestic and commercial work.
Full-time 40hrs week Mon-Fri 7.30am to 4.30pm.
• There is also opportunity to progress to Utility Arborist Team Leader Climber Role £27,000 - £29,000 dependent on experience, based on 40hrs week Mon-Fri 7.30am to 4.30pm.
Holidays & Benefits:
• 28 Days paid leave per annum (including bank holidays)
• Workplace pension scheme
• All PPE & Equipment provided.
This role is suited to climbers with some experience who want to climb, have a head for heights and a passion to get the job done! And want a full-time job with paid holidays, a pension scheme and training. Working with our friendly and experienced teams.
Get in touch for a chat or apply now.
Preferred SkillsQualifications & Experience required:
• Utility Arborist Climber: NPTC 30, 31, 38, 39, 40 & CHIPPER TICKET. (Preferably UA1, UA2.1, 2.2, 2.3)
• Valid emergency first-aid at work required.
• Full driving license (preferably including trailer BE)
• MEWP ticket would be an advantage, but not essential.
• Ideally 2 years experience as a climbing arborist.
Apply for this job
Apply directly to the employer by clicking the button below. Looking for jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system on our FREE jobseeker account.
See more Utility Arb jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.