Teign Trees & Landscapes South West Limited
About the CompanyTeign Trees & Landscapes South West Ltd is proud to be an Arboricultural Association approved contractor and a contractor for countywide authorities, utility companies and local government organisations. We provide extensive tree surgery and related services across a wide range of clients, from industry and local councils to a large portfolio of private clients. Our friendly, expanding and progressive business prides itself on providing a fantastic environment for those seeking to further their career in arboriculture.
About the jobTeign Trees and Landscapes SW Ltd are recruiting full-time permanent employed Groundsmen to support our teams based in Bristol, covering the Bristol and surrounding areas. Work will include providing Arboricultural services to Bath University, Alliance Homes, The Forestry Commission, Openreach and domestic clients.
Alongside our conventional workload, Teign Trees carry out many specialist works, including technical rigging, large take down operations and MEWP works. We offer a friendly environment and team atmosphere along with progression opportunities.
• Full additional training for the successful candidates.
• Great Salary £19,000 - £25,000 (based on experience and Qualifications)
• Overtime always available
• Bonus Schemes in place
• Full uniform and PPE provided
• Pension Scheme
• 28 Days Annual Leave including Bank Holidays
• Potential for overtime and weekend work available at increased rates of pay, along with the prospect of regular call-out payments.
• Additional training and qualifications will be provided as necessary as part of our commitment to maintaining and enhancing a skilled and competent workforce.
Preferred SkillsRequired Skills/Abilities:
• City & Guilds NPTC Level 2, Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross Cutting
• City & Guilds NPTC Level 2, Tree Climbing and Rescue
• Relevant Arboricultural experience
• Ability to undertake physically demanding work on the ground.
• Ability to use, plant, equipment and machinery i.e. chainsaws, woodchippers and stump grinding equipment, in a safe and competent manner.
• Ability to communicate in a clear and polite manner with colleagues and members of the public.
• Ability to maintain accurate records.
• Ability to respond to emergency situations in a calm and decisive manner.
• To maintain allocated equipment, e.g. basic hand tools, ropes and harnesses, personal protective equipment etc. ensuring all safety checks are carried out in accordance with company policy and procedures. Teign Trees allows allocated time for all grounds people to maintain equipment, however, it is also expected that equipment is maintained outside of these allocated maintenance hours.
• To operate and maintain a chipper.
• To understand work requirements and work to deadlines.
• To assist the crew in traffic management and control as and when needed.
• To ensure that the mechanical condition and security of vehicles and machinery used in operations is in a safe and secure manner and that any defects, damage or breakdowns are reported immediately.
• To ensure prompt and accurate completion of all forms and records required for the duties of the post.
• To assist with on the job training as directed.
• To work outdoors at all times of the year in all weather conditions.
• Any other duties appropriate to the purpose and grade of the post, which may be allocated from time to time.
• To administer First Aid as required.
Duties of Driver:
• To drive any Company vehicle in accordance with the relevant legal requirements and Company procedures.
Personal attributes and other requirements:
• Good communication and customer service skills, positive attitude, self-motivated and with high attention to detail
• Reliable, punctual and well-presented
• Highly motivated and able to work to a high standard of safety and quality.
• Be willing to work as part of a team and take pride in their work.
• The ability to work productively without supervision
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
Apply for this job
Apply directly to the employer by clicking the button below. Looking for jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system on our FREE jobseeker account.See more Tree Surgery jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.