Reading Borough Council
About the jobArborist/Senior Arborist
RG4m – Rg5b (SCP 19-25) £25,481 - £29,577 pa
Join us here at Reading Borough Council, and you can look forward to a rewarding new role as part of a friendly and supportive team. We work together, helping each other to make lives better for people in our communities. If you’d like to be part of our growing future, we can offer excellent training and development, not to mention a range of great benefits. So be part of an organisation that will genuinely value you and your contribution to our success. Get in touch now.
About the role
The Parks Team is currently looking for skilled and experienced arborists to join our growing team responsible for the maintenance of trees on public land in Reading.
• The successful candidate will have experience in climbing and working from a rope and harness in all weather conditions.
• The role also requires a wide range of experience in the operation and maintenance of all types of tree maintenance equipment, especially chainsaws and chippers.
• A sound knowledge of health & safety relating to tree work is essential.
• You should be self-motivated, courteous to customers and a good team worker.
• You should be trained to Level 2 in Arboriculture and hold NPTC Certificates of Competence in chainsaw use, felling and pruning, and use of mobile elevated working platforms.
• You should have a full European driver’s licence, and be licensed to drive vehicles up to 7.5 tonnes and to tow.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
• Opportunities for overtime at enhanced rates of pay.
• All PPE, equipment and necessary training are provided by the employer. Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave.
• A wide range of flexible working opportunities.
• Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
• Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
• On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees.
• Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/bus journey, to and from work.
• Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax.
For more information, please contact Kevin Lee or Carolyn Jenkins in the Parks Team on Treework@reading.gov.uk
Closing date: Wednesday 4 November 2020.
Interview date: Friday 12 November 2020.
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
Apply for this job
Apply directly to the employer by clicking the button below. Looking for jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system on our FREE jobseeker account.
See more Tree Surgery jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.