Supervising Arborist John O’Conner
John O'Conner (GM) Ltd
About the CompanyJohn O'Conner Ltd is an established grounds maintenance company servicing local authority, housing association, schools and commercial contracts throughout the UK.
About the jobJOC Arboriculture department is recruiting for a supervising arborist to support the arb manager in delivery of arboricultural operations across is contracts.
Perhaps you are already a supervisor or a highly qualified arborist looking for a change to a company which cares for and rewards its staff and has an excellent record of staff care and retention. At JOC Arb we believe in delivering a high quality product whilst supporting a good work life balance for our staff.
Ideally you will have as a minimum NPTC competencies (with refresher training where applicable) for both ground and aerial tree work including rigging, MEWP competency, First aid at Work (Forestry). Basic tree inspection and bats and trees practitioner as well as a sound basis in theoretical arboriculture. Training and development is available for the right candidate.
You will be experienced in running teams of arborists delivering high level works for commercial, local authority and domestic clients and will have excellent customer service skills and be IT competent
You should also have experience of pricing and planning delivery of tree works so managing logistics in a fast paced environment will be crucial
Most importantly you will be passionate about tree care and maintaining a safe site and adhering to industry best practice at all times
In return we can offer an excellent salary along with use of a company vehicle and a training and development plan to ensure that you are always progressing along your career path.
You will need a Full UK Driving license, B+E / HGV would be an advantage
We currently run arb teams from depots in Hitchin, Barton le Clay, Wycombe and Royal Wootton Bassett so location can be flexible between these site.
Preferred SkillsKey tasks:
• Delivery of high quality arboricultural work to a wide variety of clients
• Support the Arb manager in pricing of tree works
• Pre work assessment and planning of jobs including selection of appropriate plant and equipment
• Preparation of site specific risk assessments and method statements
• Set up, maintain and monitor safe work sites
• Complete on site safety audits and post works quality audits as well as compliance checks of plant, vehicles and equipment
• Ensure completion and retention of daily and weekly documents by all staff
• Ensure works completed fully in readiness for billing including completion of all mandatory documents and reports
• Emergency out of hours call out response
• Support training and development of team members
• Deputise for Arb manager as required
Apply for this job
Apply directly to the employer by clicking the button below. Looking for jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system on our FREE jobseeker account.See more Utility Arb jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.