Site Supervisors - National
About the CompanySpecialist Vegetation Management, Fencing & Ecology contractor working in the Rail, Highway & Construction sectors.
About the jobHomegrown Timber provides vegetation management services to various clients including Network Rail, Train Operating Companies and major construction Contractors.
Due to increased orders from our clients, we are currently looking for vegetation clearance supervisors to join our teams working with a variety of projects across the country.
This is a physically challenging job, and you would spend nearly all of your time working outdoors in all weather conditions. Applicants must be used to manual work, pass Network Rail medicals (including drug and alcohol screenings) and be physically fit and able. Qualifications and experience in arboriculture (NPTC chainsaw, strimmer, chipper etc) are essential. Railway competencies (such as PTS, COSS), CSCS and first aid would be an advantage but training will be provided.
• Carrying out site surveys.
• Ensuring vegetation clearance is carried out in line with best practice guidelines and clients specification.
• Managing and motivating the teams to achieve the quality of work.
• Reporting work progress and completing required site-based documentation.
• Maintaining a high standard of health and safety at all times
• Collaborating with senior management, clients and other contractors.
• Have a “can do” attitude and be used to manual work in all weather conditions
• Be a good communicator - polite, professional and tactful
• Be willing to travel, work weekends and stay away from home
• Be resourceful, organized and have a commitment to excellence
• IT Skills – demonstrate basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook etc
• Be self-motivated with interest in leadership and management
• Hold a valid driving licence with no more than 3 penalty points
Apply for this job
Apply directly to the employer by clicking the button below. Looking for jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system on our FREE jobseeker account.See more Utility Arb jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.