Utility Arborist Team Leader
About the CompanyArbserv provide Tree Management for Utilities, Developers, Land Managers, Estate Agents & Home Owners.
A Trusted Reputation for Delivering Quality & Excellence in Arboricutural Services.
CHAS accreditation, BSI 9001 Certification, Achilles UVDB Qualified and a professional member of the Arboricultural Association.
Be part of a professional forward thinking Arb company.
About the jobArbserv require an additional Team Leader Climber to fulfill an expansion of work on local utility powerline Arb
• Utility Arborist Team Leader Climber
• Working on the overhead Powerline Network mainly in the Shropshire & Telford Area.
• Drive company 4x4 vehicle towing track chipper on a plant trailer. Valid B+E driving license required.
• Load vehicles and prepare equipment.
• Carry out daily & pre-use checks on vehicles kit & equipment using an app-based system.
• Maintain vehicles, tools and equipment.
• Plan and contact customers as required when the land/tree owner has specified prior notice is required.
• Locate and drive to pre-surveyed and consented work sites using Network Maps & Sat nav.
• Complete written risk assessments forms for each site before carrying out work & book on/off the distribution
network with control.
• Carry out both aerial & ground-based tree & vegetation safety clearance work in close proximity to
predominantly live & sometimes isolated overhead powerlines.
• Direct and lead your team to carry out work to pre-surveyed specifications.
• Fill out app-based job completion forms.
• Feedback information and work with your manager to organise workload.
• Emergency Tree Fault work will be expected of you from time to time as it arises outside of normal working hrs
Mon-Fri 7.30am – 4.30pm (additional rates of pay apply for out of hours work)
• Ad-hoc you will be expected to work on non-utility domestic and commercial work.
Salary range (depending on experience):
• Utility Arborist Team Leader Climber Role £27,000 - £29,000 dependent on experience, based on 40hrs week
Mon-Fri 7.30am to 4.30pm.
Holidays & Benefits:
• 28 Days paid leave per annum (including bank holidays)
• Workplace pension scheme
• All PPE & Equipment provided.
This role is suited to an Arborist who has good leadership & organisational skills, enjoys working as a small team, is proactive and forward thinking.
Preferred SkillsQualifications & Experience required:
• Utility Arborist Climber: NPTC 30, 31, 38, 39, 40 & CHIPPER TICKET. (Plus UA1, UA2.1, 2.2, 2.3)
• Valid emergency first-aid at work required.
• Full driving license (including trailer BE)
• MEWP ticket would be an advantage, but not essential.
• Minimum of 2 years experience as a climbing arborist.
Apply for this job
Apply directly to the employer by clicking the button below. Looking for jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system on our FREE jobseeker account.
See more Utility Arb jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.