Arboricultural Manager - Gloucestershire/Hampshire
About the CompanyBased out of a central location in the heart of the Cotswolds, we specialise in the conversion of sustainable forestry products including sawmill bi‐products and tree surgery arisings into a BSL, Woodsure, ENplus®A1 accredited fuel wood, including wood chip and wood pellet. All 100% sourced and manufactured here in the UK and transported by our in-house fleet of articulated walking floors.
About the jobWe are currently looking to appoint a successful manager to look after our forestry & aboricultural work.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your arboricultural management skills and to provide tailored advice to a variety of clients as part of a wider multi-discipline environmental consultancy.
You will lead and work collaboratively within a team on projects including:
- contract administration;
- Supporting and assisting the Arboricultural team members in client instructions and business development tasks;
- Report writing, contract administration, budgets and preparation of professional plans;
- Supporting senior members of team in achieving project deliverables;
- Communicating and liaising with clients, stakeholders and contractors;
- Input into team and company-wide meetings.
- Preparing written quotes
- Producing job documents (rams etc)
- Assisting with Tenders
Preferred SkillsThe right candidate should have:
- A level 4 – 6 QCF (or equivalent) arboricultural qualification;
- A good theoretical and practical arboricultural background;
- Previous experience with client facing involvement;
- Excellent report writing ability and written/oral communication;
- Numerate and able to use a range of software packages;
- Full UK driving licence;
- Ability and willingness to travel for survey/client work and to occasionally work away from home; and above all
- Be able to work as part of a team and have a passion for trees and the natural environment.
Apply for this job
Apply directly to the employer by clicking the button below. Looking for jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system on our FREE jobseeker account.See more Forestry jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.