Plant Operator - Nationwide
Ground Control Ltd.
About the CompanyGround Control is an award-winning company with company growth of over 20% every year for nine years running with turnover now exceeding £90 million annually. The business has four major components: Arboriculture, Grounds Maintenance, Winter Maintenance and Landscape Construction and focuses on large regional and national contracts with multi-site operators. We currently maintain over 45,000 sites for some of the country's largest retailers, utility companies and local authorities. Ground Control was recently awarded “The Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Innovation” and has also received “The UK Employee Experience Award for 2016. Ground Control is placed in the London Stock Exchange’s ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain,’ being labelled as “one of 1000 firms fuelling the long-term growth of the UK economy” in a list that was narrowed down from over 4.5 million companies. Along with the London Stock Exchange, 14 Daily Telegraph writers also hand-picked Ground Control as a company that “personally inspires them.” Ground Control is an equal opportunities employer.
About the jobGround Control is the UK’s fastest growing external maintenance company. We were established in 1973 as a Grounds Maintenance company, becoming incorporated as a limited company in 1984.
We offer a truly national service that includes grounds maintenance, winter maintenance, tree works and vegetation management, soft and hard landscaping, ecology, design & build, pest control and fencing. Ground Control is the contractor of choice for many well-known private and public organisations - Network Rail, Tesco, Severn Trent Water, Sainsbury’s, Arqiva and the Tower of London to name a few.
As a multi-award winning company, Ground Control now holds 25 BALI National Landscape Awards for a range of Landscaping and Grounds Maintenance projects, a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Innovation, and a total of 9 RoSPA Gold Awards for Occupational Health & Safety.
As a Plant Operator you will work on the highways, railway, utilities and construction sites so experience in working within one of these sectors would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will need to have previous experience in a similar role, be conscious of the strict health and safety environment in which they are working and be a motivated, team player, able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Duties required of plant operator are to include but not limited to:
• You may be required to use your experience to assist in the scoping of works preparation of method statements and risk assessments.
• To be able to read and understand site plans and work according to written or verbal instruction.
• You will be required to work in a clean and tidy manor doing your upmost to protect the environment and avoid pollution.
• The operator is required to look after all equipment keeping it in a clean and undamaged state all damage to equipment must be reported.
• To complete pre start equipment checks record findings and submit as required.
• To complete routine maintenance and lubrication of equipment.
• To operate any plant or equipment you are trained and competent to use, this may be owned or hired in and will include the use of specialised attachments.
• Comply with legislation i.e. Health and safety at work, LOLER, COSHH, Ect
The candidate will ideally have some, but not necessarily all, of the following:
• CPCS Cardholder
• CPCS 360 Excavator <10> Tracked
• CPCS A59C Lifting with Excavators
• CPCS Code A40 Slinger/Signaller
• CPCS Forward Tipping Dumper Wheeled & Tracked A09
• CPCS Safe Working Practices Around Construction Plant Equipment
• First Aid + F awareness/certification
• PTS ticket
• UA1 Basic Electrical Knowledge
• NVQ Level 2 Certificate & Diploma in Plant Operations (Construction)
• NPTC Land based Machinery
• Holds a full, valid driving license
• 2-4 years’ experience in similar job role
• Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
Through our absolute focus on customer service and outstanding delivery, we are the most respected company in our chosen field. We inspire each other to be the best that we can be. Ground Control is owned by its employees and as a result, we share the responsibilities of ownership as well as its rewards. Our values are the key to or ongoing success and we are looking for passionate candidates with like-minded values of:
• Delivering outstanding customer service
• Innovation and embracing change
• Valuing each other
• Acting with integrity and honouring our commitments
• Seeking value in everything we do
• A desire to win
Apply for this job
Apply directly to the employer by clicking the button below. Looking for jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system on our FREE jobseeker account.See more Tree Surgery jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.