Arborist - New Zealand
About the job
General and Utility Arborist – New Plymouth, Palmerston North, Fielding, Invercargill, and Auckland
PLEASE INCLUDE AN EMAIL IN YOUR APPLICATION
Asplundh is looking for motivated, reliable, and experienced or qualified Arborists to join our industry-leading team in the "land of the long white cloud".
New Plymouth - A family friendly town known for its sunny climate, rugged coastline, world class surfing, and picturesque parks.
Palmerston North – You will never be bored! You can go swimming at the local beaches in the summer, hiking or cycling in the Ruahine Ranges or Te Apiti-Manawatu Gorge, and ski in the mountains all within a few hour’s drive.
Auckland – The perfect balance between city and an active outdoor lifestyle. The world-class food, wine, designer shopping, and thriving arts and culture scene is matched with the harbours, islands, beaches, forests, and volcanic cones.
Invercargill - Placed on the Southern Scenic Route, it is the gateway to some on NZ's most beautiful scenery and destinations. Perfect for weekend getaways!
Felding – Charming streets of cobblestone paths, tree lined roads, and abundantly blooming flower beds. An idyllic setting for our bustling town centre, with a fabulous café culture and shopping experience.
Asplundh is happy to provide relocation packages and visa assistance to the right candidates! Apply now with your cv/portfolio, and include a direct contact number and email to see if you are eligible!
So, if you know your way around a chainsaw, have solid experience in a similar role, and want a career that’s rewarding, then apply now!
The daily tasks may differ for utility and climbing roles:
- Felling of Trees (small and large)
- Working with EPV’s
- Powerline clearing (Utility Arborists)
- Chipping and processing debris
- Land clearing
- Chatting with the public at nearby sites to inform them of the safety precautions.
Check out what we do on our Socials @asplundh_nz
- Candidates will be required to undergo drug and alcohol testing, a medical exam, and a Ministry of Justice check as part of the recruitment process.
- This is a permanent full-time or part-time position working Monday to Friday.
- Additional hours and flexibility are generally available.
Ideally you will have the following:
- Arboriculture, Forestry, or Horticulture qualification (not essential but highly desired)
- Experience as an Arborist, Utility Arborist or Horticulturist
- Passion for climbing or utility work
- The willingness to learn and upskill within the business
- Full driver's license essential
The perks & benefits you will receive:
- Guaranteed full-time hours of work and flexibility to work around your schedule!
- Training and support
- Gear to get you started
- A great team and culture
- Highly competitive above market pay, relative to your experience
- Supportive leadership team
- Discounted gym membership
Hit the apply button below to apply to us directly. Please include your email in your application
About the Company
Asplundh is New Zealand’s premier vegetation control company. Our nationwide vegetation management services include tree services and line clearance; arboriculture and horticultural services; grounds, turf and sportsfields maintenance; and land clearance. We are committed to providing professional, safe and cost-effective services to our customers who range from local councils and power companies to private businesses and the public. At Asplundh, each person in our team is challenged to consistently exceed expectations, so you can be assured of quality service every time.