Climbers Wanted - Shenley
About the job
Specialist Work: Alongside our conventional workload, G&T carry out many specialist work, including technical crane works, rigging and large take down operations, and HIAB and MEWP works.
- Be highly motivated and able to work to an extremely high standard of both safety and quality
- Have minimum full driving licence • City & Guilds NPTC Level 2, Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross Cutting
- City & Guilds NPTC Level 2, Felling and Processing Trees up to 380mm
- City & Guilds NPTC Level 2, Tree Climbing and Rescue
- City & Guilds NPTC Level 3, Aerial Cutting of Trees with a Chainsaw Using Free-fall Techniques
- Have relevant Arboricultural experience
- Be willing to work as part of a team and take pride in their work. In return we offer a friendly environment and team atmosphere along with progression opportunities.
We are an equal opportunities employer. For further information please call Joan Young on 01923 851 561 or alternatively please send your CV to Joan directly via the apply button below. Suitable candidates will be invited to interview and asked to attend paid trial days to demonstrate their ability.
Overtime: Potential for overtime and weekend work available at increased rates of pay, along with the prospect of regular call-out and standby payments. Professional Development: Additional training and qualifications will be provided as necessary as part of our commitment to maintaining and enhancing a skilled and competent workforce. 20 days paid holiday plus bank holidays You will have the potential to earn in excess of £50,000! Per annum Pay is Dependent on Ability, Qualifications and Experience
About the Company
Gristwood & Toms Ltd
Gristwood and Toms Ltd. have recently undergone a major review of staff earnings. We studied available salary trends within our sector, comparing these with the ‘real time’ achievable averages of our own pay structures. We also considered the differences affecting earning potential due to variation of contractual rates in London and the South East. This study has guided a significant change to the day rates we are able to pay across all levels of competence, along with a notable revision to the percentage allocations to certain contract areas. This ensures a greater opportunity for our teams to achieve or exceed their revised day rates. We are confident that our new pay structures, first class working conditions and unrivalled investment in our staff, equipment, and facilities, makes Gristwood and Toms Ltd. the leading UK employer in our industry. Come and join one of the country’s leading and progressive arboricultural companies. Founded in 1974 Gristwood & Toms has grown in to one of the largest and best equipped arboricultural companies in the UK. Employing over 170 staff, we pride ourselves in having sufficient resources and expertise to provide a comprehensive arboricultural service to all sectors regardless of scale..