Assistant Arb Manager/Team Leader/Climber Wanted - Draycott
Canopy Tree Services
About the CompanyEstablished in 2004, we are an ARB approved contractor offering high quality tree works throughout the East Midlands, Based in Draycott.
About the jobAre you willing to move to the next stage in your career in Arboriculture?
Do you want to be more than just a climber?
Can you lead a team and assist the management in continuing to grow and develop an established successful company?
If so Canopy Tree Services wants to hear from you. We are looking for an experienced arborist to join our growing team in the position of a team leader/assistant manager. If you want to join a company where you can make a difference drop us a line.
Canopy Tree Services is an ARB approved, progressive tree company offering high quality works to domestic and commercial clients throughout the East Midlands. We carry out specialist works involving Cranes, Hiabs, and MEWPS, we do NOT do motorway, railway or HS2 works.
We have a great reputation in the area for doing high quality works and have a real emphasis on training and educating our employees, we are constantly looking to improve our skills and knowledge.
Competitive salary based on skills and qualifications.
Working hours 07:45 - 16:30.
Overtime and weekend work available.
20 days paid holiday plus public holidays.
Government pension scheme.
Full PPE, relevant equipment, and company uniform provided.
Ongoing training as required.
• Conduct daily briefs with your team, delegating tasks and responsibilities, outlining performance outcomes and safety expectations.
• Ensure all equipment required for the day's tasks are loaded on to the truck and are in good working order. Any defective equipment must be taken out of service and reported to your supervisor.
• Deliver work instructions and carry out risk assessments.
• Ensure H&S compliance is adhered to at all times and undertake Hazard Identification at each site reporting any unsafe working environments and issues to your supervisor.
• Provide progress reports and updates of the work schedules, detailing any shortfalls or challenges that have arisen.
• Have high performance standards and actively promote these to your team to ensure they are achieved consistently.
• Previous Team Leader experience in a similar capacity.
• Relevant experience of the Arboriculture industry and practices.
• Ability to lead a team to succeed and achieve high standards.
• Strong people management skills with the ability to delegate effectively within a team.
• The ability to problem solve and implement resolutions swiftly.
• Effective communication skills adapting communication styles to different audiences.
Functional / Technical Skills
Preferred Skills• Full UK Driving Licence (essential)
• NPTC units CS30, CS31, CS38, CS39, (required) CS32 & CS41 (Desirable)
• B&E, C1&E: Trailer (Desirable)
Apply for this job
Apply to the employer directly, click the button below.
Want jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system via jobseeker account.See more Tree Surgery jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.