Manager Wanted - EXCELLENT EARNING POTENTIAL - Shenley office covering London / SE
Gristwood & Toms Ltd
About the CompanyGristwood and Toms Ltd. have recently undergone a major review of staff earnings.
We studied available salary trends within our sector, comparing these with the ‘real time’ achievable averages of our own pay structures. We also considered the differences affecting earning potential due to variation of contractual rates in London and the South East.
This study has guided a significant change to the day rates we are able to pay across all levels of competence, along with a notable revision to the percentage allocations to certain contract areas. This ensures a greater opportunity for our teams to achieve or exceed their revised day rates.
We are confident that our new pay structures, first class working conditions and unrivalled investment in our staff, equipment, and facilities, makes Gristwood and Toms Ltd. the leading UK employer in our industry.
Come and join one of the country’s leading and progressive arboricultural companies.
Founded in 1974 Gristwood & Toms has grown in to one of the largest and best equipped arboricultural companies in the UK. Employing over 170 staff, we pride ourselves in having sufficient resources and expertise to provide a comprehensive arboricultural service to all sectors regardless of scale..
About the jobGristwood and Toms Ltd are seeking to employ a suitably experienced and qualified Manager for the London and Southeast areas. A relocation package is available for the right candidates.
Roles and Responsibilities to include:
• Management of day-to-day operational mobilisation
• Implementation of essential toolbox talks
• Pre-works site inspection and works coordination.
• Site Health & Safety and Quality audits
• Client Liaison
• Management of operational staff and works allocation.
• Works estimating and specification.
• Damage and incident investigations
• Managerial absence cover
• Organisation of traffic sensitive works and parking restrictions.
• Assistance with management of stores and equipment issuing.
Based at our head office in Shenley, the successful candidate will report to the Contracts and Operational Management Team; you will be expected to operate within ALL contract areas serviced from Shenley and be able to travel outside of these areas periodically as required.
• Appropriate industry qualifications and or experience
• Familiarity with risk assessment processes and method statements
• Competence in VTA and working towards achieving Professional Tree Inspection accreditation
• Good communication skills (Oral, Written) and interpersonal skills.
• Good understanding of staff management issues
• IT Literacy (MS Word, Excel, Outlook) in house training will be provided as required.
• Must be able to work flexible hours.
• Full driving licence
• Capacity to ensure compliance with BS3998; 2010-Tree Work Recommendations.
• Local Authority experience
• Experience of managing H&S in the workplace
• Experience of working with electronic tree management systems.
• 28 Days paid leave (Inc. Bank Holidays)
• Company vehicle
• We are an equal opportunity employer.
A relocation package is available for the right candidates
Pay £36 to £40k PA; subject to qualifications and experience
For further information please email your CV to us via the apply button below.
Suitable candidates will be invited to interview.
Apply for this job
Apply to the employer directly, click the button below.
Want jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system via jobseeker account.See more Tree Surgery jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.