Plant Operator Wanted - South East M25
About the jobAs a Plant Operator within our Landscaping division, you will be responsible for delivering a high-quality vegetation clearance, fencing, soft landscaping and hard landscaping contracting service for our clients.
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package, the opportunity of being part of a talented and well-motivated team, together with first class opportunities for both personal and career development in a truly national and integrated business.
Typically, some responsibilities of a Plant Operator include:
• Using your experience to assist in the scoping of works preparation of method statements and risk assessments.
• To be able to read and understand site plans and work according to written or verbal instruction.
• You will be required to work in a clean and tidy manor ensuring you protect the environment and avoid pollution.
• The operator is required to look after all equipment keeping it in a clean and undamaged state all damage to equipment must be reported.
• To complete prestart equipment checks record findings and submit as required.
• To complete routine maintenance and lubrication of equipment.
• To operate any plant or equipment you are trained and competent to use, this may be owned or hired in and will include the use of specialised attachments.
• Comply with legislation i.e., Health and Safety at Work, LOLER, PUWER, COSHH, environmental and quality standards etc.
• Have the experience which enables you to anticipate operational issues which need managing and/or communicating to the client.
• Ensuring operations are delivered to clients' expectations and on schedule.
Preferred SkillsYou will be a self-motivated individual with the ability to lead by example, motivate and manage a small team. Have a passion and take pride in your work and have a good understanding of current industry best practices.
In addition to this, you’ll preferably have:
• CPCS Cardholder.
• CPCS 360 Excavator Tracked.
• CPCS A59C Lifting with Excavators.
• CPCS Code A40 Slinger/Signaller.
• CPCS Safe Working Practices Around Construction Plant Equipment.
• First Aid + F awareness/certification.
• NVQ Level 2 Certificate & Diploma in Plant Operations (Construction).
• NPTC Land based Machinery.
• Hold a full, valid driving license.
• 2-4 years’ experience in similar job role (tree shearing, mulching, whole tree chipping, tractor driving etc).
• Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter, clearly specifying the role you are applying for, to us via the application system below
Closing Date: 21st September 2021
The Company’s Job Applicant Privacy Notice is available at www.tilhill.com/about-us/careers
Tilhill is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Apply for this job
Apply to the employer directly, click the button below.
Want jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system via jobseeker account.See more Utility Arb jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.