Arboricultural Asset Officer - Harrow
About the jobOverview
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Aboriculture Asset Officer to join the Community Directorate at Harrow Council. The purpose of the role is to provide professional arboriculture support and advice to the Directorate and take the lead in the implementation of the Borough’s Trees Strategy. The post holder will be required to carry out tree condition inspections and maintain asset registers.
Harrow Council is the 12th largest London borough by and one of the most culturally diverse local authorities in the UK, making it a great place to live, work and visit. Located 10 miles from the city centre and just 13 minutes to Euston from Harrow & Wealdstone station there are great transport links via the Metropolitan Line, Watford DC Line and national rail service. It is easily accessible to the M1, M25 and A406.
Preferred SkillsAbout you
The successful applicant will have:
• A working knowledge of the Local Government (Misc Provisions) Act 1976
• A working knowledge of the Highways Act 1980
• An understanding of the political context and environment of Local Government
• Experience of working effectively with third party contractors
• Experience of prioritising workloads and managing time effectively
• Experience of working in an aboriculture function
• Experience in the supervision of contractors
• The ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
• The ability to learn new skills related to the role, specifically the use of specialist ICT software
Apply for this job
Apply directly to the employer by clicking the button below. Looking for jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system on our FREE jobseeker account.
See more Technical Arb jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.