Principal Arboricultural Consultant
James Blake Associates
About the CompanyWe are a well-established (32 years), award winning, practice, based in Suffolk, and proud of the culture, values, team spirit and vision we share –
‘together, making a difference, creating better, greener places and brighter futures.’
We are a well-known multi-disciplinary practice, comprising three busy departments: in order of size:
1. Landscape (with two divisions – landscape planning and landscape architecture)
We specialise in the retention and incorporation of greener and more natural Green Infrastructure into residential development but also carry out
consultancy services for all sectors including commercial, leisure, local government, and Infrastructure/Utility projects and many more besides.
We have a strong team ethic with a focus on professional development, mentoring, and support, with some fun thrown into the mix too!
We build solid and lasting relationships with clients, co-consultants and contractors.
We believe in a collaborative approach which nurtures ideas, creativity, and innovative solutions.
The office is located in the beautiful town of Bury St Edmunds. This offers a picturesque base which is close to Cambridge and London.
We understand that training is vital in creating a team of confident professionals and so we provide CPD and weekly skills training.
We help team members achieve professional status or equivalent nationally recognised qualifications – licenses, charterships or certificates of competence.
About the jobA great opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and enthusiastic Lead Arboriculturist, to manage a thriving department and provide support to the arboriculture team, whilst leading on a wide range of projects. You will get great support and training, and this is a fantastic opportunity to realise your ambitions and work alongside, and in coordination with, other professionals from other disciplines within the company.
Preferred Skills• Degree level qualification (or equivalent) in arboriculture or forestry
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience at senior level in consultancy or as a Local Authority Tree Officer
• A Professional member of the Arboricultural Association or other industry body
• Excellent understanding of trees in the planning process and trees and the law
• Experience in all areas of arboriculture
• Conscientious, enthusiastic, flexible, reliable, and positive minded
• Able to demonstrate excellent communication and task management skills, including wide and varied report writing
• Organised and professional conduct will all business activities and operations. • Current full, clean UK driving licence.
• A pragmatic and common-sense approach to project management and the ability to liaise with the Senior ecologist and Team leader to deliver successful project outcomes.
Apply for this job
Apply directly to the employer by clicking the button below. Looking for jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system on our FREE jobseeker account.See more Technical Arb jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.