arborist - Birmingham
About the CompanyAbout Amey
We’re committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country’s services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your well being. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better
About the jobAborist/Climber
What is the purpose of this role?
You will be part of team that is responsible for the maintenance of trees within a contract or region.
What makes this role unique?
You will be involved in construction work if required, such as walling, flagging, kerbing rockeries and play areas.
What will this role involve?
• Carrying out all aspects of arboricultural works, pruning, felling etc.
• Carry out checks on plant and equipment to comply with LOLER and PUWER
• Use of chemicals Tree care/Arboriculture
• Operate light plant and power tools
• Drive, operate vehicles, plant, machinery as required
• Carry out any other duties which may reasonably be expected/requested
• Keep records, complete all necessary paperwork, communicate and liaise with other employees of Amey, subcontractors, the emergency services, the general public, clients and customers
• Undertake vehicle checks
• Assist in other duties which may reasonably be expected
• This role will involve responsive and call out duties and rota work covering emergency call outs when required including winter maintenance, the role may also include weekend work
What are we looking for?
• Ability to carry out specific tasks with minimum of supervision
• Ability to operate light plant and equipment and wheeled tractors
• Awareness of customer care, dealing with the general public and customers and or their agents
• Sound working knowledge of H&S as it applies within the Arboricultural Maintenance operations including required competency skills certification for task employed to undertake
• General awareness of requirements with regard to working on site with children
• Use of pesticides (desirable)
• Use of chain saws, including tree surgery
• Used to working outdoors in all weather conditions
• Good communicator
• Ability to supervise other team members
• Personal Highways Safety
• Emergency first aid at work (HSE)
• Environmental awareness tool box talk
• Medicals - Other
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ.
We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
Preferred Skillscs30-31 process small tree less then 380mm
cs38-39 tree climb and areal rescue, use of chainsaw from a rope and harness
Apply for this job
Apply directly to the employer by clicking the button below. Looking for jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system on our FREE jobseeker account.See more Tree Surgery jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.