About the CompanyTyler Grange is a leading UK practice offering expert consultancy services in landscape planning, ecology and arboriculture. Our work covers a broad range of projects in both urban and rural contexts and includes complex urban extensions, major infrastructure proposals, and commercial development.
About the jobTyler Grange is looking for a client-facing consultant to join our Arboriculture team to support our continued growth. We are looking for someone with enthusiasm and a passion for what they do and will offer excellent career prospects, a great working environment and support network with training in return. At Tyler Grange our aim is to deliver a fantastic service for our clients and to have great fun doing what we love. We make our own beer as gifts for our clients and also give our staff a day off a month to support a charitable initiative of their choice. To celebrate your birthday, we also give you a birthday day off then too.
Working in the arboricultural planning sector we need a candidate who is able to deliver BS5837:2012 survey work, from project inception and bidding stages through to the completion of planning documents, including Arboricultural Impact Assessments and Method Statements. As consultants, in addition to our technical skills and BS5837:2012 survey efforts, our role is to meet, work with and support our clients.
Key Skills and Experience:
Demonstrable previous professional experience in arboricultural planning (at least 2 years’ track record in arboricultural consultancy);
• Proficient in obtaining clear field survey data in accordance with BS5837:2012;
• Demonstrable experience in preparing reports for a variety of development projects, including Arboricultural Impact Assessments and Arboricultural Method Statements in accordance with BS5837;
• A working knowledge of AutoCAD to support our Graphics team in Plan preparation is desirable;
• Comprehensive knowledge of arboricultural legislation and tree law;
• Confidence in written and verbal communication with clients and Local Planning Authorities relating to arboricultural matters, including attendance at meetings;
• Preparation of fee proposals and budget management.
• Applicants should hold a FdSc Arb, BSc or PDArb in Arboriculture or higher in arboriculture or closely related field;
• Technical or working towards Professional membership of the Arboricultural Association or the Institute of Chartered Foresters;
• LANTRA Professional Tree Inspector Certificate is desirable;
• Track record of industry CPD.
Please note, candidates must have a full UK driving licence to enable site work. Candidates may also be asked to work occasionally from our other offices and assist the wider team with inputs for other disciplines to manage workloads and projects as required.
Apply for this job
Apply directly to the employer by clicking the button below. Looking for jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system on our FREE jobseeker account.See more Technical Arb jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.