Commercial Director (non-statutory)
Down To Earth Trees Ltd
About the CompanyDown To Earth Trees is one of the leading tree management companies in the southeast of England. Established for over 40 years, our team are passionate, forward thinking and always evolving.
The company employs a large team of skilled tree surgeons able to carry out tree work to an exceptionally high standard.
We have grown steadily since the early days but pride ourselves on being large enough to undertake substantial contracts but small enough to ensure that each customer receives the high level of detailed personal attention they deserve.
About the jobWe are looking for a Commercial Director with extensive arboricultural experience to add value to our very successful and well-established tree management business. The need for this position has developed organically as a result of rapid company growth and the need to manage and identifying existing and new commercial opportunities, manage marketing efforts and steer all elements of company compliance given our status as an Arboricultural Association Approved Contractor and ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO18001. You will keep abreast of trends and market conditions to provide strategic advice to senior management.
We require an excellent Commercial Director who has an entrepreneurial mindset and great leadership skills. The ideal candidate will also be a creative strategist with excellent organisational abilities to work closely within a team and also autonomously, often to very tight deadlines.
The goal is to promote and expand the company’s commercial activity that will generate increased revenue to maintain the excellent company growth.
• Developing and implementing commercial strategies, tenders and seek new business according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth
• Understanding the requirements of existing customers to ensure their needs are being met
• Lead on the day to day management of company health & safety compliance in accordance with accredited SSIP scheme, acting as the company health and safety representative
• Assist with commercial (and domestic) site visits and provide estimations for works for clients’ consideration and to act as point of contact for commercial clients.
• To compile all necessary RAMS and monitor contract progress to maintain client satisfaction.
• To undertake monthly PPE and site monitoring/performance checks. To assist with periodic staff appraisals to maintain continued level of performance and staff progression.
• To assist with general business management as and when required.
• Develop and implement commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth
• Monitor performance of commercial activities and assist in setting financial targets and budget development and monitoring
• Understand the requirements of existing customers to ensure their needs are being met
• Act to acquire new customers and manage client relationships (new and existing)
• Collaborate with and coordinate diverse teams (admin, operational, management etc.)
• Build and maintain profitable partnerships with key stakeholders both in the UK and overseas
• Assist with carrying out work estimation visits and creating work packs fit for crew deployment
• Monitor and manage the company H&S compliance.
• To work alongside, encourage and motivate a team, plus create a sense of pride in the company and the work
• To ensure team members are performing to company standards and meeting the client specification
• To contribute to staff appraisal and identify training requirements, to assist with the induction of new recruits
• To coach staff as/when required
• To be responsible for staff discipline at the first stage in accordance with company policies and procedures
• To take a proactive approach towards supporting general company-wide activities e.g. contribute to smooth running of yard
Preferred Skills• Proven experience as commercial director or another relevant role with Arboricultural experience
• Proven experience in sales and/or marketing and managing relationships with key clients
• In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis
• Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
• Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset
• Excellent organisational and leadership skills
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
• L4 in arboriculture
• BSc/BA in business administration, finance or relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus
Apply for this job
Apply directly to the employer by clicking the button below. Looking for jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system on our FREE jobseeker account.See more Technical Arb jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.