Site Manager - North West
Ground Control Ltd.
About the CompanyGround Control is an award-winning company with company growth of over 20% every year for nine years running with turnover now exceeding £90 million annually. The business has four major components: Arboriculture, Grounds Maintenance, Winter Maintenance and Landscape Construction and focuses on large regional and national contracts with multi-site operators. We currently maintain over 45,000 sites for some of the country's largest retailers, utility companies and local authorities. Ground Control was recently awarded “The Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Innovation” and has also received “The UK Employee Experience Award for 2016. Ground Control is placed in the London Stock Exchange’s ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain,’ being labelled as “one of 1000 firms fuelling the long-term growth of the UK economy” in a list that was narrowed down from over 4.5 million companies. Along with the London Stock Exchange, 14 Daily Telegraph writers also hand-picked Ground Control as a company that “personally inspires them.” Ground Control is an equal opportunities employer.
About the jobGround Control is the UK’s fastest growing external maintenance and commercial landscaping company. We were established in 1973 as a Grounds Maintenance company, becoming incorporated as a limited company in 1984.
We offer a truly national service that includes grounds maintenance, winter maintenance, tree works and vegetation management, soft and hard landscaping, ecology, design & build, pest control and fencing. Ground Control is the contractor of choice for many well-known private and public organisations - Network Rail, Tesco, Severn Trent Water, Sainsbury’s, Arqiva and the Tower of London to name a few.
As a multi-award winning company, Ground Control now holds 25 BALI National Landscape Awards for a range of Landscaping and Grounds Maintenance projects, a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Innovation, and a total of 7 RoSPA Gold Awards for Occupational Health & Safety.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Rail Site Manager in the North West. The Rail Site Manager will work with the Contract Manager to deliver our vegetation management contracts for Network Rail; supervising and ensuring quality and timely work is completed. This will include the survey of sites to evaluate vegetation clearance work required and managing safe systems of work and resource requirements to ensure work is completed in a safe, cost effective and timely manner.
Duties will include:
• To be responsible for organisation, approval and implementation of both direct labour and contractor work schedules to ensure best use of resource.
• To assist on contracts as may be specifically delegated by the Contract Manager and to have input into estimating, cost control, customer authorisation, timely billing, all to achieve budget or better margins.
• To implement all assigned work to a high standard and within agreed timescales.
• To report promptly and accurately on all activities to the contract manager.
• To alert manager promptly when any significant cost variance becomes apparent.
• The candidate will ideally have some, but not necessarily all, of the following:
• Hold or have held Personal Track Safety qualification
• Hold or have held Individual Working Alone qualification
• Hold or have held Controller of Site Safety qualification
• Hold a full, clean UK driving license
• Maths and English qualifications at GCSE level or equivalent
• Experience of arboriculture or vegetation management
• Experience of working safely within guidance and legislation
• Experience of leading teams and or coordinating the work of others
Through our absolute focus on customer service and outstanding delivery, we are the most respected company in our chosen field. We inspire each other to be the best that we can be. Ground Control is owned by its employees and as a result, we share the responsibilities of ownership as well as its rewards. Our values are the key to or ongoing success and we are looking for passionate candidates with like-minded values of:
• Delivering outstanding customer service
• Innovation and embracing change
• Valuing each other
• Acting with integrity and honouring our commitments
• Seeking value in everything we do
• A desire to win
Apply for this job
Apply directly to the employer by clicking the button below. Looking for jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system on our FREE jobseeker account.See more Utility Arb jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.