Arboricultural Officer (Massaria Post) London
The Royal Parks
About the jobArboricultural Officer (Massaria Post)
Rangers Lodge - Hyde Park, London W2 2UH, with travel to all Royal Parks
£28,500 - £32,539 per annum DOE Plus Pension Scheme, 26 Day’ Holiday & Public Holidays
The Royal Parks is a charity created to support and manage 5,000 acres of Royal parkland, looking after eight of London's largest open spaces; Hyde, The Green, Richmond, Greenwich, St James's, Bushy and The Regent's Parks, and Kensington Gardens. They also manage other important open spaces in the capital including Primrose Hill, Brompton Cemetery, Victoria Tower Gardens, Canning Green and Poet's Corner.
The Royal Parks is a registered charity, number 1172042, created in March 2017 to manage 5,000 acres of historic Royal parkland across London.
Undertake a programme of tree inspections and surveys of trees across all sites managed and identify and assess associated hazards and risks, principally relating to Massaria of London Plane.
To provide technical arboricultural support to the Arboricultural Manager in the effective and efficient delivery of The Royal Parks risk management procedures, principally relating to Massaria of London Plane.
Carry out general risk management inspections and surveys for specific pests and diseases including the oak processionary moth.
Maintain adequate records in accordance with adopted procedures and policies.
Create work schedules and tree works orders and to communicate and deliver recommendations as required.
To carry out accurate tree inspections in accordance with current recognised good practice guidelines, diagnosing injury, disease, decay and structural defects and record them in the Arbortrack system.
To liaise with contractors and contractors’ representatives to ensure that works are carried out in accordance with the specifications, within the timelines given and associate conditions of contract and appointment.
To adhere to existing working practices, methods and procedures and work positively towards the achievement of Arboricultural objectives.
To support the Arboricultural Manager in maintaining inspections in accordance with the tree risk management procedures and, ensuring the process is carried out within the required timetable.
Prioritise tasks without direct instruction in order to meet targets and deadlines.
Oversee works as required to manage Massaria including the safe working of contractors and consultants in the delivery of:
- Nature conservation issues and protected species legislation relating to arboriculture and trees
- Application of the recommendations of BS 3998:2010 (recommendations for tree work), and other relevant British Standards, industry recognised guidelines and practices
Assist the Arboricultural Manager in the achievement of operational objectives as follows:
- Create tree works orders via the Arbortrack system and monitor contractor progress against the deadlines
- Maintain awareness of park guidelines and regulations and ensure that contractors are compliant with the regulations
- Events based duties will be required with specific codes of conduct and particular precautions relating to access, confidentiality and data protection guidelines where appropriate
- Responding to requests for information
To be aware of his/her responsibilities described in the H&S Manual and in particular:
- Implement the policy in their area of responsibility; and
- Ensure the health & safety issues receive the same priority as other management tasks.
To be considered as an Arboricultural Officer, you will need:
- Experience and training in the inspection, risk assessment and management of trees
- Knowledge of, or experience in, the surveying and management of Massaria (Splanchnonema platani)
- Knowledge of, or experience of, the surveying and management of oak processionary moth
- An awareness and experience in the application of BS 3998:2010 (recommendations for tree work)
- An awareness and experience in the application of BS 5837:2012 (trees in relation to design, demolition and construction), NJUG 4 and other relevant British Standards involving trees and/or landscaping
- Knowledge of, or experience in, the management of veteran trees
- An understanding of nature conservation issues, SSSI status and protected species legislation relating to Arboriculture and trees
- A qualification in Arboriculture to at least NVQ level III (NQF Level IV) or above with extensive experience in surveying and assessment
- An Arboricultural Association Professional Tree Inspection Certificate or the level of experience to pass this in the near future
- A full driving licence
To apply for the role of Arboricultural Officer (Massaria Post), please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Arboricultural Officer, Massaria Post, Arboricultural Consultant, Arborist, Arboriculturist, Tree Officer, Tree Inspector, Conservation Officer, Arboricultural Inspector, Arboriculture.
Apply for this job
Apply directly to the employer by clicking the button below. Looking for jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system on our FREE jobseeker account.
See more Tree Surgery jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.