Arb Consultant/Senior - Manchester, London, Cotswolds, Birmingham
About the CompanyTyler Grange is a leading UK practice offering expert consultancy services in landscape planning, ecology and arboriculture. Our work covers a broad range of projects in both urban and rural contexts and includes complex urban extensions, major infrastructure proposals, and commercial development.
About the jobYou will be joining our established arboriculture division to support and develop the team’s continued growth. Your role will be primarily based around the arboricultural planning sector which will include managing arboriculture inputs for projects from initial appointment through to provision of reports suitable for planning applications. Working closely with our ecology and landscape consultants, you will provide expert written and verbal advice to ensure our clients receive the best experience at TG. The role will also include the preparation of fee proposals, budget management and business development.
Preferred Skills• Demonstrable previous professional experience in arboricultural planning (at least 2 years’ track record in arboricultural consultancy);
• Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary environment is desirable;
• A comprehensive working knowledge of BS5837 as its application to the UK planning system / new development proposals;
• Proficient in obtaining clear field survey data in accordance with BS5837:2012;
• Demonstrable experience in preparing reports for a variety of development projects, including Arboricultural Impact Assessments and Arboricultural Method Statements in accordance with BS5837;
• A working knowledge of AutoCAD to support our Graphics team in Plan preparation;
• Comprehensive knowledge of arboricultural legislation and tree law;
• Confidence in written and verbal communication with clients and Local Planning Authorities relating to arboricultural matters, including attendance at meetings;
• Preparation of fee proposals and budget management;
• Applicants should hold a FdSc Arb, BSc or PDArb in Arboriculture or higher in arboriculture or closely related field;
• Technical or working towards Professional member of the Arboricultural Association or the Institute of Chartered Foresters;
• CS38: Accessing a Tree with Rope and Harness and Aerial Rescue is derisible to assist our ecology team with bat roost assessments;
• LANTRA Professional Tree Inspector Certificate is desirable;
• Track record of industry CPD;
Apply for this job
Apply directly to the employer by clicking the button below. Looking for jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system on our FREE jobseeker account.See more Technical Arb jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.