Climbing Arborist Wanted - Otahuhu New Zealand
About the CompanyTreescape is New Zealand’s industry-leading arboriculture and green asset management provider, with over 40 years of experience. Treescape employs skilled arborists in locations right across New Zealand, providing key services to Councils and Utility providers. Our key customers include Auckland Council, Wellington Council, KiwiRail, and utility companies like Mercury, Vector, Wellington Electricity, and Tasman Electricity. Treescape is also an NZ Immigration Accredited employer, which means we can support work visa applications through Immigration New Zealand.
Please include your email in your application.
About the jobGeneral and Utility Arborists - New Zealand Wide
Auckland (Otahuhu), Kumeu, Warkworth, Whangarei, Tauranga, Hamilton, Rotorua, Palmerston North, Lower Hutt and Christchurch
Who said the office needs to have four walls? As an arborist with Treescape you will spend your days amongst the treetops doing what you do best.
So if you are looking for a change and you have either qualifications in Arboriculture or substantial experience with chainsaws, now is your chance to join the largest leading Green Asset Management provider in New Zealand!
When you join Treescape, not only will you be provided an abundance of training to upskill and advance your skills. With Treescape you will also be working in some of the most iconic sites around New Zealand. Joining the largest green asset management provider in New Zealand means an opportunity for your career and opportunity to grow as an arborist or leader while being guaranteed the ability to work with the best people and equipment in the country.
We are inviting Arborists near and far to join Treescape. Register your interest today to learn about our relocation assistance program.
+ Perks include but are not limited to when you join Treescape +
- We will provide you with a full uniform, work boots, and climbing equipment
- We will ensure you are working alongside highly experienced colleges in a supportive and safe work environment
- We will be provided a competitive hourly rate based on your experience and qualifications
- Consistent work guaranteed with overtime available
- Ongoing unit standard industry training programs are available
- Further HT class training is available
- Serious opportunity for career progression
- Awesome Hours: Mon-Fri (7- 5 pm); with extra hours, overtime and the ability to travel available too!
- Well-equipped modern machinery throughout the company
- Monthly appreciation rewards and yearly awards
The fine print
- To be eligible for this position you must currently be living in NZ and have a legal right to work in this country (i.e. NZ Citizenship, be a permanent resident, or hold full working rights)
- Candidates will be required to undergo drug and alcohol testing, a medical exam, and Ministry of Justice checks as part of the recruitment process (at Treescape’s cost).
- Treescape fully supports efforts to get New Zealand vaccinated. As such all new hires are required to provide proof of vaccination.
- This is a permanent and full-time position working Monday to Friday 47.5 hours per week. Additional hours and flexibility are generally available.
Get in contact and apply online below or call/text Madison on 027 404 2683 to register your interest.
Preferred Skills+ Ideally, you will have +
- NZQA arborist qualification level 3
- Full class 1 driver's license
- Current first-aid certificate
- Minimum 3 years experience in the field
- Essential sound experience with chainsaws, pole saws, and brushwood chippers
- Knowledge of tree and shrub identification is desired
- Clear communication skills
Apply for this job
Apply to the employer directly, click the button below.
Want jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system via jobseeker account.See more Tree Surgery jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.