Climbing Arborist - British Columbia, Canada
Davey Tree Expert Company of Canada Ltd.
About the CompanyDavey Tree has been an employee owned company for over 40 years, with employee ownership at the heart of the company culture.
We have a long tradition of both classroom and on-the-job training, since the beginning of our company. That tradition of expertise and training is more than just part of our past; it is how we define ourselves as a company. Our programs are constantly evolving to accommodate new challenges and support a culture of learning that ensures our employees are highly skilled and able to diagnose and treat every property owner’s needs.
Davey is a learning and teaching organization committed to providing solutions. This culture is perhaps best demonstrated during the Davey Institute of Tree Sciences (D.I.T.S.), which is Davey’s flagship training program in biological sciences, safety, tree, and plant care and management techniques.
Davey Tree has an excellent extended benefit package and company matching RRSP contributions program.
About the jobWhat You’ll Do:
• Climb Trees! Davey offers both DdRT/MRS and SRT/SRS climbing systems.
• Safely and productively providing arboricultural care for our clients.
• Including but not limited to:
o Pruning, thinning and removing
deadwood throughout the tree
o Installation of cables, bracing and
lightning protection systems
o Removal of hazardous trees
o Jobsite Hazards, Obstacles, Plan,
Equipment (H.O.P.E) process
• Properly maintain, prepare and operate all tools and equipment including chainsaws, chippers, aerial lifts and more.
• Mentor Crew members through the Davey Career Development Program.
What We’re Looking for:
• Love of the outdoors !
• ISA Certification or equivalent is
• Ability to climb and execute tree
surgery tasks safely
• Ability to complete the Davey
Defensive Driving course upon hire
• Preferred: Pest and disease
experience / education
What We Offer:
• Sponsorship through our Labor
Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)
• Paid time off and paid holidays
• Opportunities for advancement
• Career Development Program
supported by Industry Expert Safety
Specialists & Skills Trainers
• Locations throughout beautiful
• All job specific equipment and safety
• RRSP Program with company match
• Employee-owned company &
discounted stock purchase options
• Group Health Plan
• Employee referral bonus program
• Scholarship Program for Children of
For more information about this role, working for the Davey group or to formally apply please message us directly via the apply button below.
Apply for this job
Apply to the employer directly, click the button below.
Want jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system via jobseeker account.See more Tree Surgery jobs
Arbsites Ltd makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertisers. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.